Ok im trying to wipe the handheld, but the letter A doesnt work, and it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dankara no está en línea Stack level 1

Wipe handheld, Letter A doesnt work...

Advertisement

Ok im trying to wipe the handheld, but the letter A doesnt work, and it says i need to type "blackberry" to do it. I was thinking about trying to set a password for it and then after 10 times, its supposed to wipe it right, i just dont want to try it, and have it locked for ever? any ideas?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Wipe handheld, Letter A doesnt work...

password for it and then after 10 times, its supposed to wipe it right,
    right

Why are you wiping it?

dankara no está en línea Stack level 1

well i bought it from someone off craigslist, who neglected to tell me the A button doesnt work, and im thinking it will cost way to much to fix, so im selling to someone else, who i did inform the button doesnt work, but the phone still has the other persons adresses and all that crap on it, and i wanna make it cleaner.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I believe there is a way to wipeout your handheld from your desktop. I don't know where to find that app, but I will try to help you out with that. I have wiped out my bb completely using an app that someone provided me. Be on the lookout for that if you can. Otherwise, I will do my best to search it for you.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I believe that if you do wipe out your handheld from your desktop, you will need to reinstall your everythinb back on your bb. It may be best to ask lavagirl for help with this matter or GaryF. They have helped me before, as noted in this forum http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...minders-2.html. (What originally happened was that my calendar wouldn't give me reminders since I had the lower OS installed. In order for me to upgrade the OS, I had to wipe everything out on my 8300.) I really hope that helps.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Just set a password for it in security options. Save it, then put the wrong password in 10x and it will wipe it back to factory specs.

It won't perma-lock it, it will be just as if you look it out of the box.

Without the A button working of course.

dgpile no está en línea Stack level 1

I thought that by entering the wrong password on purpose eventually got you a prompt to type "blackberry" so you would be hung up if the A key does not work. How you going to type BLA.... to keep entering the wrong password 10 times?

-Jester

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

There are 2 different ways to wipe a bb if you're using the keyboard. I have done both ways. I had to wipe a 7105t using the Security Wipe option and keyboard due to a busted trackwheel that stopped selecting what I wanted.

1) If you choose the Wipe Handheld option from Security Options, you will need to type "Blackberry" which in this case won't work.

2) type a password that you know is incorrect 10 times and it will wipe. This will work since the A key is broken.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-07-2008 at 08:23 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Option 2 also requires you to type Blackberry (to make sure you're not mistyping your password due to keyboard failure).

OP needs to use jlcmder but even a wipe might not resolve the keyboard issues.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

any friends have ? although i dunno if it works off the bat or some software required

Last edited by kentrg; 02-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Jl commander will wipe your device for you. It will acutually go through the phone and you type the wipe key "blackberry" on your PC's keyboard, you can get it in the download section its a awesome app to have cause it takes screenshots to

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452
    here is the link for the download