Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in your bb browser goto the options menu, then general options and make ... BlackBerry Curve forum

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in your bb browser goto the options menu, then general options and make sure javascript enabled has a checkmark,all boxes should have a check mark on them, hope this helps

dani4273 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb8330

i got messsenger to work as you say but i can't figure out how to upgrade to 4.5
    when i save the service books where do i save it to?and what is this exactly for, is it just for all the IM's or does this upgrade to 4.5 or do i need this to help my upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by NotYaAverageBro View Post
    Ok, I got this to work on the Sprint Curve, but it takes a little work, but worth it! First, go to http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=wlm20 to install the software, it shouldn't block you at all from installing the software, versus the previous version of MSN Live Messenger that did before.

Second, I found these service books somewhere on this site, or another site, but they are service books for all of the IM programs that RIM makes. This file is a backup of service books.

Third, launch Desktop Manager and restore this backup file to your Sprint Curve. The file contains about 10 service books. You know you will have it right when it asks you to accept Terms and Conditions.

I am running 4.5.033 on a Sprint 8330.
    Last edited by dani4273; 07-15-2008 at 09:19 PM.

i'm sorry i cannot figure out how to upgrade to 4.5 i'm a little scared i might mess up

dani

i did that and it worked but how come if i check a few days later some of the boxes are unchecked again? got messsenger to work as you say but i can't figure out how to upgrade to 4.5

when i save the service books where do i save it to?and what is this exactly for, is it just for all the IM's or does this upgrade to 4.5 or do i need this to help my upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in your bb browser goto the options menu, then general options and make sure javascript enabled has a checkmark,all boxes should have a check mark on them, hope this helps
    Last edited by dani4273; 07-15-2008 at 09:26 PM.

neeeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    OK couldn't install WLM coz it told me that my BB doesn't meet the bla bla requirements.

Tried a trick from another thread :

1.download OTA Yahoo messenger and don't close the browser !

2.go to : http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=wlm20 and it magically now is able to install

But when starting WLM it says that i dont have the required Service Books.
    So i tried to restore the ones found on this forum, but they don't show up in my list of service books.

Pulled out battery : no help
    Resent Service Books through my Porvider's BIS webpage : no luck

What am i doing wrong ?

Tried with both OS 4.2 and OS 4.5.

Help would be appreciated by pin / email / reply to this thread.

thanks.
    BB Bold 9000 | Orange FR | PIN : 25583458

108203 no está en línea Stack level 1
    WOOOW THANKS DUDE. THIS WORKED OUT FOR MY PEARL 8100

Blackberry Pearl 8100
    T-Mobile
    OS 4.5

Hotchanna no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm on Tmobile. Using a 8100 v 4.5. 8100's aren't supposed to be able to use WLM, AIM, ICQ- at least thats what BBerry customer Rep told me. The higher versions of the Pearls, yes they work. after downloading the service book, i attempted to log on. after four tries i finally saw that "terms of agreement" window. thats much better than"service is not enabled for this handheld". but i havent been able to fully sign in. i keep getting "server is busy" i'll keep trying......Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567