Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, I'm enjoying this Curve very much so far. It's a big step up from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Wimpy Trackball

Advertisement

Well, I'm enjoying this Curve very much so far. It's a big step up from my Pearl in many ways and I really like it.

One thing that is not up to par with the Pearl though is the trackball. It's hard to describe something like this without feeling it but on the Pearl the trackball is "meaty", solid and responsive. On the Curve the trackball is noisy, plastic feeling and scratchy. On webpages especially it is a little sluggish. Anyone else experience this?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If it's a new unit it sounds like a bad one. I find the trackball a little less responsive on my 8320 and 8330 (than the 8100 that I used to have) but it shouldn't make noise or be THAT difficult to manuver. Maybe take it to your local carrier's store and let them take a look - a replacement may be in order. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The trackball on my curve is a bit more scratchy, but I do believe they are the same exact part. I think what you may be noticing is that it's new and not worn down smooth like your last phone!

That was the case for me anyway!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Well, it's not THAT bad but it's just not as nice as the Pearl. They are replaceable though huh? Might be something to consider down the road if it is not a big ordeal.

You can get parts from here - they're reasonable but it takes a little longer. Shipping is from China, I believe.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    T~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The Curve uses the exact same trackball as the Pearl. Sounds like you might have a defective trackball.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Its scratchy cuz the rollers that hold the ball have ridges...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem. i just switched out my trackball from my pearl to my curve and it was nice and smooth. try that
    Stasha

Quote Originally Posted by usmcangel View Post
    I had the same problem. i just switched out my trackball from my pearl to my curve and it was nice and smooth. try that
    There's a good suggestion! There ought to be plenty of those around.

How does one go about safely doing that without ruining the device?

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    How does one go about safely doing that without ruining the device?
    It's pretty simple actually. Especially if you are just swapping one for another. Check this out>>>http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ictures-38395/

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you've only had your Curve for a little bit, you could always go into a store and trade it for another one. That is, if you don't want to switch out your trackball, though it is a very good idea.

mbflow no está en línea Stack level 1
    i experience the same thing, i have a friend who also just bought a sunset bb curve and it feels just like mines ... i had to change my trackball and the old and new one felt the same.. i dk exactly what it might be but it does feel a lil scratchy

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Having disassembled both my wife's Pearl (which was formerly mine) and my Curve, I've noticed that while the track ball assembly is essentially the same, there is one difference. The rollers which spin as the track ball is manipulated are grooved on the Curve and not on the Pearl.

Not sure why they are different, but it does make the Curve's a bit scratchy.

As a side note, I ordered replacements from cnn.cn and found that they are the non-grooved rollers.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Thanks for the detailed info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast