Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

8300? Or 8830? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...een_shots.html http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_8830_a.html... BlackBerry Curve forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Who will get the 8300? Cingy? TMO? a CDMA carrier?

Advertisement

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

okay first thing I want to respond to is comment that tmobile passed on the 8800! tmobile has it! they didnt pass on the anything! second thing is that the only reason they dont come out with things first is because they are waiting for rim to use cingy as the test dummy! nuff said, and get your facts straight tmobile is getting the 8300 in may.

kwolf3481

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I misspoke. Obviously tmo didn't pass on the 8800. They passed on the exclusive release. And on the 8300, when in May? Source? Sorry I'm a salesman, always gathering information

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Keep in mind TMO passed on the exclusive on the 8800, because its not really all that impressive in my opinion, especially in lieu of models nearly set to be released.
    TMO passed on the 8800 exclusive because of your opinion of it? :P

If later models were to be more impressive then why didn't they sign on for an exclusive on the 83XX line?

Quote Originally Posted by rdills
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 8800 looks good but that's about it.
    Looks are neither here nor there for me. The 8800 does have GPS and it doesn't look like at&t or TMO will get a GPS-equipped 83XX. Aside from that, the 8800's a great BB. If it doesn't fit your needs, that's fine but that doesn't mean it "only looks good". At least qualify your statement... Again, people are forgetting how important the corporate client base is for RIM. The 8800 is for that base that wants such a device. It happens to meet the needs of some consumers as well.

If an 83XX with GPS comes along I'm definitely switching as I do want the camera myself.

Quote Originally Posted by desjones571
    I'm glad that other companies are making RIM work harder. More sooner than later these other cell phone companies are going to get better and RIM is definitely sensing this.
    We'll see. There have been Blackberry killers on the market for years. I have yet to see one live up to the name (and there are very good reasons for that).

Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    second thing is that the only reason they dont come out with things first is because they are waiting for rim to use cingy as the test dummy! nuff said, and get your facts straight tmobile is getting the 8300 in may.
    You might want to check your facts. Fact is that TMO jumped on the exclusives for the 7100 and the 8100. It's not just a matter of waiting on at&t to work out the bugs. IIRC the Pearl had some of the worst problems of all BB's out there (search for memory leak) until an OS update resolved the matter. TMO just tends to jump on exclusives for the more consumer-oriented BB's.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-25-2007 at 02:22 PM.

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I misspoke. Obviously tmo didn't pass on the 8800. They passed on the exclusive release. And on the 8300, when in May? Source? Sorry I'm a salesman, always gathering information
    It looks like TMO might get the 8300 on May 7th. I'm hope that they really mean the 8320.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...aunch-may-7th/

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E

Thank you takeshi! That completely makes sense. Sometimes I tell you people say weird things. Cingular makes more money for RIM than TMO. Its fact. Its a bout business oriented or consumer oriented phones. We have to figure out what market the 8300 is being targeted for? Does anyone know? This all got started because we want to figure out who is going to get it first. Yesterday there was a post that said Cingular was going to put the 8300 out first. TMO fans tried to discredit that. Its marketing. Cingular is selling 8700 devices for like $100. They are setting up for something. That's all. If some of you guys read, the iphones is going targeting enterprise business. That's strange for a phone that does not have a glorified keypad. So I guessing RIM knows this. They are not caring about the phone its the business relationship. That will last longer. RIM has to put out a device to show them they can't come in ruffling feathers. Hence the 8300.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    [QUOTE=takeshi]TMO passed on the 8800 exclusive because of your opinion of it? :P

If later models were to be more impressive then why didn't they sign on for an exclusive on the 83XX line?

Of course they did
    But I am of the opinion that the 8800 is nothing more than an 8700 with GPS, and 4.2 OS. Slightly sleeker mind you, but those are the major differences. With a $349 cost, I can hardly justify that if I'm an 8700 user, when I can get a GPS puck under a hundred bucks.
    With regards to the 8300 series, I don't think RIM really wants "exclusives" as I think they want as much market penetration prior to the iPhone release. I think it will be released by both GSM carriers within a couple weeks to a month of each other. Purely speculation, but that's all we're doing here. My $.02.

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

I'm brand new to posting in this forum but not new to reading about the upcoming releaes (I was waiting for the 8800 as was coutning the days down, but I have since held myself for the release of a 8320).

Anyway, I want to see what peoelp think about the the 83xx coming out on May 7th. BoyGenious reported here:

boygeniusreport.com (I can't link yet!)

It was said that this 8100 was coming out on Verizon May 7th when acutally they are releasing the new 8830 on May 14th. So I don't know if this follows accordingly and leads me to believe that the 83xx will not be coming out for some time. But then again, it was reported elsewhere that the 8800 was coming out on TMO April 23 and in fact, did come out on that day. So yeah. . . I guess it could be up in the air. I really hope that someone has it by May 7th.
    Last edited by Wstsydthug; 04-25-2007 at 03:19 PM.

budah2025 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B3BEB4

CDMA I just want 8800 on Alltel.

budah2025 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B3BEB4

I meant the 8300 and the 8800.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

But I am of the opinion that the 8800 is nothing more than an 8700 with GPS, and 4.2 OS. Slightly sleeker mind you, but those are the major differences. With a $349 cost, I can hardly justify that if I'm an 8700 user, when I can get a GPS puck under a hundred bucks.
    Fair enough -- you have to base the worthiness of moving to a new model based on your own needs. The 8800 does add the microSD slot (definitely a plus over the 8700) and VAD as well.

However, there are rarely any truly revolutionary Blackberries out there. Each model only builds off of previous models. The 83XX series is "just an 88XX with camera".

Still, I'll be swapping out for an 83XX device. I'll get whatever model is GSM and has GPS as well. If they don't release one, I'll have to reconsider. Built-in GPS has been very useful for me already and as much as I think I'd like to have a camera I'm not sure it would outweigh the GPS.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-27-2007 at 06:21 PM.

vw1pntatet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420a639

Re: Little Orange Men to bring 8300 with GPS, Camcorder and 2Mp?!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I agree, this is a great discussion! Personally, I agree with Todd and am not that impressed with what the 8800 has to offer. IMHO, I'm sticking with my 8700 (good ol' workhorse) until TMO gets their 8300.
    Same here. Anyone heard of a release for the 8300 on tmo? Maybe June 7th? LOL
    Last edited by vw1pntatet; 05-23-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12