Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please read that caption little orange men. Cingular will have it first. TMO will not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E

Re: Little Orange Men to bring 8300 with GPS, Camcorder and 2Mp?!

Advertisement

Please read that caption little orange men. Cingular will have it first. TMO will not get the 8800 this month and then 8300 the next. When will you guys learn. RIM makes more money with Cingular. Now ATT. Do you realize ATT is Huge!100 year old company. RIM will align with that before anything else.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by desjones571
    Please read that caption little orange men. Cingular will have it first. TMO will not get the 8800 this month and then 8300 the next. When will you guys learn. RIM makes more money with Cingular. Now ATT. Do you realize ATT is Huge!100 year old company. RIM will align with that before anything else.
    You're right! We really need to learn! Seeing out of the past 3 BB's released (8700,8100 and 8800) Cingy got them all first, because they are the biggest and baddest. Oh wait..... Well 2 out of 3..... No wait well the 8800 was first on Cingy! Keep in mind TMO passed on the exclusive on the 8800, because its not really all that impressive in my opinion, especially in lieu of models nearly set to be released. Now I'm not saying Cingy won't get this first. Just pointing out that history is not nearly as cut and dry as you make it out?

PIN/ID
    2456447E

I know that its not as clean cut as my post. Its more politics I really think. But seriously if TMO passed on the 8800 its only because they figured they wouldn't sell as much because its more a business oriented phone. Wouldnt bring more users like a more consumer based phone. But with a phone like this RIM is making a statement'we want to contol the smartphone market'. Iphones will be selling in a few weeks also. If Cingular is the only service that will carry it, RIM wants to circumvent this inevitable competition. Even if operating officers say it isn't it really is. Just cockiness. If iphones are coming out on Cingular and it sells like hotcakes it will ruffle some business feathers. RIM will not allow it.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)Well one thing we agree on is that RIM is worried about the iPhone. They shouldn't be. Because its nothing they can control. Its going to fly off the shelves regardless of what RIM does, and frankly it doesn't really matter.95% of the people who buy this will be people who have never bought a smartphone before. Will it eat slightly into their growth? Sure. But they won't have much concern with current customer retention. Just the 3-5% of their users who are MAC people. But when you grow your suscribers 12% a quarter, big deal. If one of my customers inks an exclusive with a competitor of mine, I go to their biggest competitor, and ink a deal that will stick it squarely in their , well this is a family friendly forum
    that's what my ego does anyways.
    Last edited by Toddboy71; 04-24-2007 at 09:26 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I agree, this is a great discussion! Personally, I agree with Todd and am not that impressed with what the 8800 has to offer. IMHO, I'm sticking with my 8700 (good ol' workhorse) until TMO gets their 8300.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree Larry. The 8800 IMO came out strictly for business users tired of their 8700 (and 7290 et al) whose companies really don't want their employees spending large amounts of time playing, and its why it came out prior to the 8300. I mean heck what's it been, about 18 months since cingy released a Qwerty BB? Nov 05? If the 8300 came out first, they would have been screwed

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Who will get the 8300? Cingy? TMO? a CDMA carrier?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have always said I wanted to try a full keyboard BB again. I'm not on a BES. I'm just tired of the problems I have had with the Pearl. I saw the 8300 and am not gonna get it. I have my eye on the 8800.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If I wanted an 8300 I would have someone totally rebuild my 7100t and equip it with a full keyboard LOL

PIN/ID
    2456447E

I like your style Todd! All I do know is its a nice looking phone. I'm glad that other companies are making RIM work harder. More sooner than later these other cell phone companies are going to get better and RIM is definitely sensing this. We all have looked at other phones or even tried them and returned to ol faithful. They have relied on that. Sometimes is better to make the change instead of waiting for it. I have never been a part of a forum with guys who have love their device like this. I'm honored. I hope that RIM knows this.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I keep my mouth shut. That's all.

You don't know as much as you think.

there is a reason why a carrier is a little slower in releasing a product and that doesn't mean it's exclusive to that carrier. AND, other carriers release a product before working out all of the problems with that product first. T-mobile works out all the kinks or has a service plan that its going to be specific to, and wants to release it that same time that plan is, for example myfaves, and Toddboy71 I like your style.
    Last edited by jonnyxedge; 04-24-2007 at 11:05 PM.

graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I agree, this is a great discussion! Personally, I agree with Todd and am not that impressed with what the 8800 has to offer. IMHO, I'm sticking with my 8700 (good ol' workhorse) until TMO gets their 8300.
    2nd that!
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 8800 looks good but that's about it.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    I keep my mouth shut. That's all.

You don't know as much as you think.

there is a reason why a carrier is a little slower in releasing a product and that doesn't mean it's exclusive to that carrier. AND, other carriers release a product before working out all of the problems with that product first. T-mobile works out all the kinks or has a service plan that its going to be specific to, and wants to release it that same time that plan is, for example myfaves, and Toddboy71 I like your style.
    Don't keep your mouth shut! Let's hear it. I'm as big a fan of tmo as anybody, but they certainly didn't work out the "kinks" in the Pearl before release. That orig OS was brutal. It was slow. Turtle like in fact. I like my style. Lol

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Don't keep your mouth shut! Let's hear it. I'm as big a fan of tmo as anybody, but they certainly didn't work out the &quot;kinks&quot; in the Pearl before release. That orig OS was brutal. It was slow. Turtle like in fact. I like my style. Lol
    Hey I'm still running on that ol os!! Lol can we please refer to it as grandpa pearl! Yo Todd I like your approach bro!!

PIN/ID
    2456447E

You took the words right out of my mouth Todd. If that was the case they would have perfect devices. The Dash came back to the stores just as quick as it left. I wouldn't take that much from a rep because you would definitely think a rep would have more info and half the time they don't. No offense just truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast