Looking to switch back from the Q9h ATT GSM version but have become dependent on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tymann no está en línea Stack level 2

When will ATT carry the 8320? Any new phones for Christmas?

Advertisement

Looking to switch back from the Q9h ATT GSM version but have become dependent on the 3G. I see wi-fi as a good alternative but have to stay with ATT. Any idea if they will carry the 8320?

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: When will ATT carry the 8320? Any new phones for Christmas?

I don't think ATT will carry 8320 at all as there is no benefit for them to carry a UMA only (which they don't utilize) and not GPS BB. However, rumor said att will carry 8120. Get the 8820 instead if camera is not a concern.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The device is not UMA only, it is UMA enhanced. It has the full Wi-fi capabilities of the 8820 and works the same on AT$T when unlocked as the 8820 (except for the little MMS hiccup that has yet to be worked out,as that is service book related, but would probably be no problem if AT$T got the 8320).

Having said that I don't see AT$T getting the 8320 either as they chose the 8310 (but then again I just read where T-Mobile Telecom just got the 8310 so who knows).

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by penpower View Post
    I don't think ATT will carry 8320 at all as there is no benefit for them to carry a UMA only (which they don't utilize) and not GPS BB. However, rumor said att will carry 8120. Get the 8820 instead if camera is not a concern.
    Rumor confirmed. Expected release time eary next year. Yeah I wish the 8310 had Wi-Fi, but to my recolection the 8320 doesn't have built in GPS, as to where the 8310 does.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!