So it is my understanding that TMO is actively testing 3G in New York and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

speddiek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F2AO68

Question Will 8330 work on TMo's 3G

Advertisement

So it is my understanding that TMO is actively testing 3G in New York and other metropolitan areas... Being from around Chicago... the possibility of 3G blackberries on TMO is thrilling... tethering and all... does anyone know if an unlocked 8330 would be compatible with TMO?... contract is up in a few months and am researching options... the Bold probably won't be out in time for me get a device upgrade... so my next best bet is a curve... i have the 8800 and have realized how much i missed my camera on my pearl... and since i bought a stand alone gps... am looking for faster browsers speeds... 8320 wifi or 8330 3G would be ideal...

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    No, the 8330 is a CDMA only phone, it is not compatible with TMobile which is GSM-based. The Bold will be the first Blackberry from TMobile to support 3G.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    the 9000 wont even work on tmos network because it uses 2100mHz and tmos 3g is 1700mHz i believe... someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe thats the deal
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Rumors suggest it will either have a radio that will handle both att and tmo frequencies, or tmo will get a special handset just for the 1700 band.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    well from what i heard ATT has an exclusive with the bold, kind of like how TMO has one with the kickstart. i'd imagine they wont be interchangeable between the two carriers, unless something happens with TMO's kickstart and they sell it off to another carrier because they cant handle it. lol. just my opinion
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    They know what they are doing, everything will work out fine. They're going to change things up to make things work. They better, T-Mobile that is.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~