Here'a an excerpt from the MobileBurn review: Even without T-Mobile's @Home service, the BlackBerry Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

trigeeked no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wifi/UMA/@Home svc

Advertisement

Here'a an excerpt from the MobileBurn review:

Even without T-Mobile's @Home service, the BlackBerry Curve 8320 can still use WiFi access points for data and can still make UMA calls like with @Home, except that the call minutes won't be free.

Does this mean that as long as I don't need the free minutes while using wifi using @Home that the device will still connect via wifi using my home wifi set up as well as other open wifi sites? What about the Borders/Starbucks; can i still use them, for free? or would I have to pay?

Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Wifi/UMA/@Home svc

if the wifi site is open and free you can use it without the plan

you can make calls without hotspot at home.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

basically, it makes the calls through the internet instead of the cell tower. all acts the same unless u get the $20 plan where u get free minutes from a hotspot

trigeeked no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, now I understand

jay.cappy no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually the plan is 9.99 a month for an individual.

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

don't you have to signup for h@h to use the tmo hotspots at starbucks/borders?

when i tried it at those hotspots, i got a login screen...

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Quote Originally Posted by jay.cappy View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually the plan is 9.99 a month for an individual.
    was 9.99 i just posted that it should be 19.99 for all users. I'm still waiting to see if somebody can verify this
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

PIN/ID

I don't have @home or hotspot added but I can make calls and browse the web over wifi at home and at starbucks. The voice minutes are deducted from my minute pool. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

theroadkill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    UponRqst

Question Re: Wifi/UMA/@Home svc

Quote Originally Posted by ray244190 View Post
    was 9.99 i just posted that it should be 19.99 for all users. I'm still waiting to see if somebody can verify this
    I am still waiting for an answer myself.. I just used my upgrade credit (for the Curve) and added that from an Authorized dealer, with contract writing including that final MRC?/Cost to me for H@H would be $9.99/mo

TMobile had me Fax the paperwork to them last week (the rep gave me his first name only saying to reference "repname"08 and his boss 'bossname'08 I would think since it is writing from the dealer they should honor that pricing even if not available directly from them. If I don't see or hear anything today I'll call the dealer tomorrow and ask the manager to call again. (He was supposed to have done so last Saturday..)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Was it a printed contract from the computer or a handwritten one? If it was printed, then they will have to honor the contract writing since their system is the one that determined the cost. If it was handwritten they may not have to honor it depending on what they feel like doing in your situation.

Zo

seastkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BF728

I was qouted $9.99 also for the unlimited calling when wi-fi is available. Question though when I was set up I was under the impression that the $19.99 blackberry plan and the $19.99 hotspot plan was all I needed to make free calls when around my wireless router. Now I'm seeing that you also need the $9.99 calling feature added to your plan to make this happen. Anyone verify this the salesperson misinformed me at the store. My phone when connected has the UMA and WI-FI logos on the screen. Also I still get "charged" when I send/receive sms messages even with the blackberry data plan correct. All in all I just really want to know what I need to have unlimited wifi browsing and edge browsing with the push email and free calls in Wifi areas.

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

i just went through this.

still charged for sms on hotspot
    19.99 for data plan
    9.99 for email
    19.99 for hotspot unlimited calling.
    15.99 for unlimited sms/mms

you need items in red for : "unlimited wifi browsing and edge browsing with the push email and free calls in Wifi areas."

seastkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BF728

Thanks I appreciate the reply all of the calls I have been using at home are listed with a U next to them on the TMob website so I guess I'm not getting charged for them so all is good. I think that is what the U means anyways.

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

i BELIEVE (experience of the reps in my store as evidence) that if you are at, say Starbucks, you can make calls on the wi-fi network without logging into the site, it shows on my manager's and the other reps' curves that they are on UMA in our store, which shares a common wall with Starbucks. honestly couldn't tell you if the minutes are free during this, although they should be with the add-on. now, if you try to go onto the data on wi-fi, it will bring up the starbucks log in screen, and if you don't have the hotspot add (the total internet, not the H@H) it will not let you log in to the wi-fi internet. this, to me doesn't make sense, because if you have a dash and the total internet plan (which was just reduced to 19.99) you can use the hotspot at starbucks automatically, but with the curve, you have to add the total internet on top of the bby data plan to log on. at home the wi-fi data works without the internet plan. i hope that t-mo comes to their senses soon and realizes just how unfair this is to the curve users, and how it can only hinder the wider acceptance of the UMA program.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

also note that if you are in an open wi-fi area and you make a phone call you can leave that wi-fi area and go elsewhere and as long as you stay on the original call you made no matter where you go or how long you talk it all comes out of your unlimited H@H minutes...but if you stop the call and make a new call outside of a H@H area it goes back to your normal plan usage...and vice versa...hope this helps