Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I think this is the best forum for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rickyvig no está en línea Stack level 1

WIFI question

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum, I think this is the best forum for blackberry and it's very organized.. I like it.
    I purchased my blackberry a couple weeks ago, and it is the 8320 with the WIFI. I have lots of applications on my phone right now. For example like: facebook and windows live messenger which I normally mostly use. I'm wondering if I can use those applications using my WIFI connection. I do NOT want to be charged for data plan at all. I like it strictly with WIFI only, can someone help me with this please?

Another question I have is, How the heck do I set up my e-mail? I have no idea how to set up the e-mail. I go to college and I want all my emails sent to my phone.. is it necessary to have data plan for email? I have WIFI and I want to only use that, no data plan at all.

Thanks in advance..

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Are you on T-Mobile? They have plans that are just email, or email and web. You'll need at least the email plan to be able to use email. Then log onto My T-Mobile, scroll down to where it says manage internet email, and it'll take you through it.

I though I saw a thread about apps that work with only wifi, hopefully someone else has more details on that.

Welcome to the stacks!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Do you have a router at home to use the wifi on? You would need to set that up as well. TMO email price is $9.95 unlimited per month. Data and email is $19.99 per month for unlimited. If you can squeeze out the extra cash each month for the $19.99, I say it is worth it. You want to use your BB at it's full potential. Then when you get addicted to this site, you can access it anytime, anywhere from your phone.

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    sorry buddy...you cant wi-fi for free.....
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

Do a search about wifi on here and you will find many posts with the same question. Here is one you can read.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_plan-72005/

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you need a data plan and if you have been using the wifi your next bill will be huge cuz your not using wifi entirely
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

Make sure you change your internet options to wifi only