whenever i try to use WiFi by turning on. Then, i can see all access ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Prasert no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile WiFi Problem on Curve 8900

Advertisement

whenever i try to use WiFi by turning on. Then, i can see all access point listed in that area. Once i try to get connection. It allway say " fail to get IP address". I can't solve it. so, any idea for you guys?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you going thru the scan for networks? Do you have "Wi-Fi preferred" set in Mobile Network? Are you able to browse the internet without wi-fi? If not, check to see that you have your TCP setting correct - Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Prasert no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Are you going thru the scan for networks? Do you have "Wi-Fi preferred" set in Mobile Network? Are you able to browse the internet without wi-fi? If not, check to see that you have your TCP setting correct - Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP.
    Yes, i can see the AP list. No, it don't set any on the mobile network. i see not browse becase it can not get connected.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Are you using a router to pick up wifi? Most wifi detections are protected with a wep key code.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tonyu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi, I just got my bb8900 a few days ago. Everything is working just fine with the 8900 including a few 3rd party apps that I installed. The only thing I can't get to work is that I can't browse using the wi-fi feature. I have already linked it to my home router and it indicates it is connected, but when i try to browse, I just get the message "unable to find the requested server". I know my router is working fine since my laptop has no problem browsing. I suspect there are some configuration settings that are incorrect. I would appreciate any help on this . Anyone have any ideas?

In "wi-fi connections" do you have wi-fi selections mode set to "Automatic" - in advanced options, browser do you have default set to "hotspot browser?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know about the whole WiFi thing. It works great at home but not so well other places. I was at the hospital with my mother last week and they have free WiFi. My BB said I was connected but I could not get UMA to work at all. Kind of odd.

If your wi-fi works at home you should be able to go into "set up wi-fi" and "scan for networks" - when it finds one that doesn't require a password you should be able to connect to it and use it. I beliebe that UMA is a T-Mobile-only function that you should be able to use if you subscribe to it. That's about the extent of my knowledge. Setting up and using wi-fi to browse the internet is that simple.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    I have (and have had) 4 unlocked TMO BB's with WiFi and have never had an issue with scanning for and connecting to any Wifi network using the default settings. Only time there is an issue is when I don't have a WEP p'word or WPA PIN key for the network I'm trying to log into. Then the BB tells me it can't log in and asked for the security code. This would be normal.