Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I just got a new Curve 8320 for my wife. She loves it so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

magtom2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305D3894

Wifi on new Curve 8320 Rebooting

Advertisement

Hello,

I just got a new Curve 8320 for my wife. She loves it so far, but with only one problem. When we try to hook it up to the wifi at home the phone goes in an endless loop of rebooting. The stranger thing is that the wifi works fine at work, at the mall, pretty much anywhere else that we've tried. We have already called tech support and they suggested we return it to the store and get a new one. Which we did with the same result.

This leads me to think that our router could have something to do with it. I have a Belkin F5D8233-4. I have checked and I have the most updated firmware for the router.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

Re: Wifi on new Curve 8320 Rebooting

try upgrading the blackberry os

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

HI
    I looked,quickly, at your router ( F5D8233-4) I see it is a wireless N .. the phone is a wireless B/G . Look in your routers config pages to see if you can turn OFF N and just use B/G if so ..make the change in router and do a bat pull on the 8320. give the 8320 3 - 5 mins after it comes back up to connect. let me know how you make out.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Get a new router. I ahd that same router along with every other one that Belkin makes (with the exception of the N-1 Vision, as I was tired of trying and gambling, always losing). I got a new router and no problems (had the same that you are reporting). The main problem is that Belkin gives no control over the options within the firmware (no QOS, there is a setting but it does nothing according to tech support is there for upgrade use in the future), no port forwarding, no WMM. It worked for the most part for data but once trying to make a UMA call, BAM on the reboot. If I did get to connect it was for nothing more than about 45 seconds max, usually 10-15 tops and then the call would drop.
    I have had the D-Link DIR 655 (worked fine, but the wife and I both saw drastci battery hits, although others aren't reporting the same thing but it does work), had numerous D-LINK and Linksys and they all worked fine and am now running 2 Buffalo routers in a WDS configuration to cover the whole house and they work great as well. I would get a new router as the Belkin is a dog (and with the exception of the older G only models, I have not heard of any of the newer models working with this device (all are reporting similar problems and they were resolved when they got rid of the router), besides it rolls back to G anyway when the device is connected as it can not maintain a mixed mode connection running B/G and N, it rolls back to the slowest setting to make things more stable so it is not even N at that point).

If you have the Hotspost@Home (H@H) feature on the account you can purchase the router from T-Mo and get a mail in rebate for the cost of the router essentially making it free (minus shipping and taxes, which were both reasonable). Hope this helps.

magtom2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305D3894

OK I guess I'll have to get a new router

Thanks for the help!

rextilleon no está en línea Stack level 2

Once you are up and running with the router, is the 8320 considerably faster then the standard Edge type connection. I hear there is very little difference. I was going to buy an unlocked 8320 for the ATT system when I saw a video that pretty much showed that browsing was barely improved from using the standard Edge set up.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Once you are up and running with the router, is the 8320 considerably faster then the standard Edge type connection. I hear there is very little difference. I was going to buy an unlocked 8320 for the ATT system when I saw a video that pretty much showed that browsing was barely improved from using the standard Edge set up.
    the wifi for the 8320 is almost dependent on 4.3 to have it run smoother. not too long away!

rship72 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem with the wide area wireless network in the town i live in. Unfortunately I obviously have no control over that equipment. Sucks.....otherwise i would be making free calls in the whole city I havent had the problem anywhere else yet.

waylon1355 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for clearing up my WiFi issues. LOL i thought my phones was nuts because it kept on rebooting everytime it tried to connect to my router. *sigh* now I have to buy a new router if i want to use wifi on my phone

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

I have the same problem. I am going to call the tech support for belkin. Its a hassle and a half to return the router. I hope I can find a way to make it work. I can't figure out how to edit the settings on the router. Its a really nice router, and has great range.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

waylon1355 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    I have the same problem. I am going to call the tech support for belkin. Its a hassle and a half to return the router. I hope I can find a way to make it work. I can't figure out how to edit the settings on the router. Its a really nice router, and has great range.

Let me know what their suggestion or resolution was.

Thanks.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Well, I called cust. service, and they couldnt really help me at all. They have no experience or training for this type of problem. The only thing they are worried about is if its working for your computer(s). But to me, my BB is my mini-pc, and Im sure it is to alot of other owners too. I do EVERYTHING on my BB... do be honost, I'm on my BB getting stuff done more than my PC!

joemawma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Grrrr...for what it's worth, it appears the Windy31 USB Router (a really cool idea, at least) does the same thing. Once I connected, my phone went into an endless reboot loop until I disconnected the router. I'm going to play with it and see if it's a WEP or WAP issue...

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by joemawma View Post
    Grrrr...for what it's worth, it appears the Windy31 USB Router (a really cool idea, at least) does the same thing. Once I connected, my phone went into an endless reboot loop until I disconnected the router. I'm going to play with it and see if it's a WEP or WAP issue...
    My 8320 works flawlessly on my Linksys WRT54G router at my house, but i ran into the SAME reboot issue with the Linksys "Long Range" N/G router i just bought for my mother's home where I have no EDGE signal.

I called TMO bb tech support and they walked me through restoring the OS, which caused the phone to reboot endlessly over and over and over. SO, They sent me a new phone which arrived today. I am SO GLAD that I ran across these posts in pinstack, now i'll simply return the router and get the same one i have here at my house.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Just want to let u know guys,
    I'm using linksys WRT160N and it works flawlessly with my 8320.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast