Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The only way to save MONEY on minutes with wifi is to use the UMA ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The only way to save MONEY on minutes with wifi is to use the UMA which requires h@h correct?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yes, but sprint is planning a release like h@h... ..hopefully soon!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    The only way to save MONEY on minutes with wifi is to use the UMA which requires h@h correct?
    Yup and tmobile has it for $9.99

swe_tawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    210d17b3
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    No pearl as of yet has wifi capabilities.
    actually pearl 8120 has built in wifi and is available now

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Wifi is a money saver for me. I am with Rogers and use an unlocked 8320 to cut down on my data bills. Rogers (Canada) has expensive data plans and the only way I was able to say within my limit was to use wifi.
    8900-user
    DocGo

MartyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    I downgraded my 2000 minute package by over $70 by using UMA at work and home for my calls and adding myFaves to our package for the most commonly used non T-Mobile to T-Mobile calls.

I was using about 1700 minutes before and once I switched to the WiFi we're using about 300 minutes on our package and the rest on non minute charged calls.

So, it does do some good depending on how you use your phone.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am very happy with the wifi service. I work in a government building in the basement. Absolutely NO Tmo signal but I get our free wi-fi service. Sweet!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    ya but if you really want to be able to use programs for the blackberry, they almost all use data and not wifi (gmail, google maps, jivetalk, etc).

i just dont see the hype about wifi. you can still lay in bed browsing using the data service.
    jivetalk now works w/ wifi.. grab the new 1.05 version and you're good to go!

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3
    wifi is so sick for me im a college student.. my laptop broke and i use my 8320 to go on msn and chat while my boring prof is yapping away.. and it saves me money on the text msg's when i can just hop on msn

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_skillet View Post
    wifi is so sick for me im a college student.. my laptop broke and i use my 8320 to go on msn and chat while my boring prof is yapping away.. and it saves me money on the text msg's when i can just hop on msn
    I hear that! I'm in concrete buildings everyday so I lose service in most of my classes, just hop on the wifi and have flawless service. Definitely makes the class fly by!

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0
    No pearl as of yet has wifi capabilities.
    AT&T have the new 8120(Pearl) with wifi

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yup and tmobile has it for $9.99

Tmo is on a RAMPAGE. Freaking going to be in Canada and undercut Rogers, and rolling out $10 unlimited home telephone only for Tmo customers....When the Xperia1 drops their stock will skyrocket....they're just good businessmen. They hold their own without even having a 3G US Network, once they roll out 3G it's over.
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

TKING00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    HERE IS THE POINT OF WIFI:

Recent trip to Cozumel, can't use the roaming on the celly because it will cost me a fortune. Solution? WIFI.
    How? Turn off your mobile network while overseas (manage connections). Connect to any WIFI network (most cafes/hotels/etc), and make your calls to the US/Get your emails/chat over google/aim, browse internet, and do it all as though you were in the US.
    It only affects your account as though you are calling from your home location. In other words, you can be half a world away, call from wifi, and not be charged anything other than standard rates AND IT SHOWS YOU CALLING FROM YOUR NORMAL CELL NUMBER. And for anyone living in the country, or anywhere they don't get a decent cell signal in their house, WIFI is invaluable.

WIFI > GPS*99

If the connection is bad, you may experience a little bit of "chop" during your calls. But it's soooo much better than paying $1.99/min while traveling...

kaihawki no está en línea Stack level 1

WiFi Call for Canada BB 8320 User

Hey Guys,

I am in Canada and I have a TMO 8320. I do not fully understand how to use UMA, or if I can being a Rogers customer. However, I do get WiFi no problem. Is there a way I can use Skype, Vonage or some other WiFi connection to make phone calls.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

kaihawki

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Latest jivetalk uses wifi, surfing the net wifi, pinstack viewing, replying wifi, sending and receiving mail wifi, downloading most software wifi.
    The speed compared to edge is massive. So in reply, yes the benifits are great!
    Now if you were talking about GPS? Other the direction which now can be obtained without GPS what's the benifit?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast