Hey guys. I recently got an 8320 without a data plan since it has wifi ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sidhu663 no está en línea Stack level 1

wifi curve help

Advertisement

Hey guys. I recently got an 8320 without a data plan since it has wifi and im almost always near one. Sadly, i only found out after i bought it that most apps dont work on it. But i think i can get it working. i noticed that some of the settings for APNs mention a Gateway ip. i figured that if i put a proxy server address there followed by the wifi code posted elsewhere here, i should be able to redirect all traffic to wifi. However, i cant find that setting in the TCP options.
    Please let me know if it is possible to change this or if it is possible to edit service books since i noticed that they specify gateway IPs in the service books. Please help me out with this. i really think the gateway ip thing will fix all the apps.

also, can somebody tell me how to COMPLETELY wipe out my tmo curve and install a different os? I used jl_cmdr to wipe the curve and then i installed the singtel OS, but the tmobile theme was still there after the install indicating that it wasn't fully wiped.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: wifi curve help

if you used jl_cmdr to wipe, then it should be completly wiped. the reason your tmobile theme is still there is because of the vendor id code located in the blackberry.xml file

sidhu663 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: wifi curve help

u mean the vendor.xml in the apploader folder or is there a separate blackberry.xml file?
    anyway has anyone even seen the gateway ip option in the tcp settings of 8320?