Do you need an internet data plan from your carrier, to use bbmessenger? Or would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dg5
    dg5 no está en línea Stack level 1

wifi/ bbmsngr.

Advertisement

Do you need an internet data plan from your carrier, to use bbmessenger? Or would it work with the wifi? thanx

funaki no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2161931A
    AFAIK, wifi doesnt work without data plan atleast in some cases and BBmessenger doesnt work without dataplan for sure. so yeah, you will need the data plan from your carrier.

dg5
    dg5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanx

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by funaki View Post
    AFAIK, wifi doesnt work without data plan atleast in some cases and BBmessenger doesnt work without dataplan for sure. so yeah, you will need the data plan from your carrier.
    Wi-Fi DOES work without a data plan. I use it for browsing every day. BBM does not, however, work without a data plan.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am able to use my bbm with wifi. I turn off my mobile network and just use wifi. It works like a charm for me. I don't know if its only on the bold or not.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    I am able to use my bbm with wifi. I turn off my mobile network and just use wifi. It works like a charm for me. I don't know if its only on the bold or not.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes but you (obviously) have a data plan. You cannot use BBM without a data plan. That was the original poster's question I believe.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yes but you (obviously) have a data plan. You cannot use BBM without a data plan. That was the original poster's question I believe.
    Oh so true. I di miss that part. Then I must say wifi will work if you have a data plan also. Lol
    Thanks for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    Oh so true. I di miss that part. Then I must say wifi will work if you have a data plan also. Lol
    Thanks for the correction
    Don't worry about it, Macallik.

I've never missed anything in a user's question ... ...