I can connect everywhere but my own home. hahahaha. I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Question Wifi at Home?? Airport Extreme by APpLe

Advertisement

I can connect everywhere but my own home. hahahaha. I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme which I used to be able to connect to until about two days ago. Tech Support said that my sim card was old and to get a new one. I did. Still, it shows the name of my router but no UMA.

Does anyone else have this issue for the 8320 TMO?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Wifi at Home?? Airport Extreme by APpLe

Hi Nikon, unfortunaly there are known issues with the Apple Extreme and UMA. Apple and RIM are trying to find a way to fix it but as of yet it is not. THis is a Known issue If you talk to a TMO Hotspot@ Home rep.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hate to sound like captain obvious but...Any changes to the logins on the network? Check the ports on your network. The ISP could have changed something in their status, you need to get the ports used by Hotspot@home from TMO tech support and make sure they're open. Is the airport xtreme the g/b version or the N? I never used one, but you may need to be sure that the b/g protocol is still open

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by csa819 View Post
    Hate to sound like captain obvious but...Any changes to the logins on the network? Check the ports on your network. The ISP could have changed something in their status, you need to get the ports used by Hotspot@home from TMO tech support and make sure they're open. Is the airport xtreme the g/b version or the N? I never used one, but you may need to be sure that the b/g protocol is still open

The Ports are UDP ports 500, and 4500.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B

Thanks guys, when I get a chance this evening I will check the ports and the login info. I hope it solves it. I was good for about a month, then, nothing.

MSfromtheOC no está en línea Stack level 1

WiFi N and UMA not compatable

I also had the Apple Airport Extreme... note the word had. I also had a D-Link WiFi N router.

According to T-Mobile UMA (HotSpot@Home) is not compatible with WiFi N. They told me that I had to use a G type router. Once I went back to my old Linksys router, it worked as promised.

I only hope that the new BlackBerry OS resolves this issue.

BTW I'm also told that UMA won't work if the Bluetooth is turned on as well.

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3
    BTW I'm also told that UMA won't work if the Bluetooth is turned on as well.[/quote]

this is untrue, i am able to connect to UMA with bluetooth on

amirly no está en línea Stack level 1

New Airport Extreme Update works with UMA

Updated to Airport Extreme Firmware version 7.3.1 and UMA is now working. Have made multiple calls without issue.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Amirly, Glad it worked out!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i was having the same problem when i would go over to my buddy's house...he uses the airport extreme and i would always get dropped calls...everything works fine on my linksys at home...so i will have to have him update his firmware and hopefully i can make free calls again from his house.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by MSfromtheOC View Post
    I also had the Apple Airport Extreme... note the word had. I also had a D-Link WiFi N router.

According to T-Mobile UMA (HotSpot@Home) is not compatible with WiFi N. They told me that I had to use a G type router. Once I went back to my old Linksys router, it worked as promised.

I only hope that the new BlackBerry OS resolves this issue.

BTW I'm also told that UMA won't work if the Bluetooth is turned on as well.
    Also works with N routers. I use a netgear rangemax N just great at home.

dogfromhell no está en línea Stack level 1
    All I have a BB 8900 through T-mobile and have an Apple Air Port Extreme Router Firmware V. 7.4.2, I am always getting lag and dropping calls, is anyone else having this issue? I have gone through 5 8120's before getting the 8900, still it has issues with UMA calls. Let me know if you have some secret settings your using if your not having problems with UMA calling through it...

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have a 2wire 2701, and get dropped on occassion. i am no techie, but this connection is not without issues

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have an 8320 curve with wifi on t mo. But I don't have a data plan. I use the wifi at home via opera mini but why I can't download theme from here!
    Posted via smartphone

txradioguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've got the TMO 8220 and haven't had any real problems connecting to my airport extreme.

Though our power went out the other day and I had to do a battery pull to reset the connection with my router.