Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So my phone connected to my home network no problem. When I try to connect ... BlackBerry Curve forum

miller710 no está en línea Stack level 2

wifi

Advertisement

So my phone connected to my home network no problem. When I try to connect my wifes 8520 the phone gives me a code to type into the router. There is no keypad on the router. Was mine easy cuz I used the wizard and with hers I just searched for a connection?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by miller710 View Post
    So my phone connected to my home network no problem. When I try to connect my wifes 8520 the phone gives me a code to type into the router. There is no keypad on the router. Was mine easy cuz I used the wizard and with hers I just searched for a connection?
    I don't think so. I've done this (at home) with 8120, 8320 and 8900 - don't know why the 8520 would be different. When you search for a wi-fi location it should display all the wi-fi spots that it locates and give you the option to select/connect with any one of them. Then if the one you select has security, you should get the option to key in the code and connect. Could you have a setting wrong on the 8520 - can't imagine what that would be either but it might have a newer feature that's getting in the way.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    the 8520 shouldnt be any different than the 8900 and the 8120 when it comes to connecting to wifi-
    if the router that you are trying to connect has a key, you would have to input that key
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

The wife and I both have the 8520. Mine connected with no prob. Hers gives me a code to input into tje router. Yhis is not a tmo router. Does the tmo router require you to input a code into the routert?

Quote Originally Posted by miller710 View Post
    The wife and I both have the 8520. Mine connected with no prob. Hers gives me a code to input into tje router. Yhis is not a tmo router. Does the tmo router require you to input a code into the routert?
    I don't think so but not sure. Mine's an old 2wire from AT&T so it's certainly not the current technology.

Any user out there with t-mo router using it for wi-fi able to answer the question?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

disrguard. I figured it out. There was an option to create a pin or not. I didnt see the option not to create it. LOL. Well both phones are now connected to my home wifi network. Thanks for the help

Good, Miller. Glad you got it figured out.

Yeah I had to scroll down. Lol. Does n e one use hot spots @ home? We get enough minutes and free nights and weekends so it just doesn't seem cost effective.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have the T-Mo router because I use their home phone service. Can't beat it for $10. It's a nice little device because when I connect my BB to it, I press a single button on the side of the router and it syncs itself up securely.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

My router has that secure button too. We have enough minutes that the ten a month would not be worth it. Is it ten per line? We use vonage for our house phone right now.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok, so i'm not that pc savvy and i run the setup wizard on my pc and the device and i still can't get it to find my wireless router after i scan for it, i never had a need to share my connection up until now. if i can get this to work i won't have a need for a data plan...any pointers?

anyone? bueller?...slow pinstack update.
    Last edited by Optimus; 05-29-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: double post.

Question

anyone? anyone? bueller?

nevermind; i figured it out.

Optimus - what was the answer. Please post if it could help other members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast