I LOVE my 8310 from AT&T and what it does for me. I noticed that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional

Wifi?

Advertisement

I LOVE my 8310 from AT&T and what it does for me. I noticed that people with the same phone from other carriers have edge and WIFI. Is there a way to get WIFI on my staying with AT&T or do I have to perform some complicated ritual and sacrifice a chicken and light some candles?
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Your 8310 should have EDGE unless its not available in your area.. As far as WIFI the only way is to upgrade to a bold or a phone with WIFI but they do have them... The bold does and I think maybe the 88XX they sell does.

ADDED

Any phone with a 20 in it will have wifi 8320 8120 8820 and the bold however only the bold and the 8820 have both wifi and gps

so it all depends on what you want more wifi or gps

I choose GPS
    Last edited by rashard; 02-10-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Mine has the GPS which is great and I use it quite a bit, but sometimes my edge is a little weak. The WIFI would be nice. I'm going to get the chicken and candles right now. Any word yet on the 8900 or 8920 (I think that's the number) for AT&T and whether or not it's going to have 3g or WIFI or EDGE? Holding off on the Bold for now waiting to see what they do for thr new 8900 series.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    lmao @ the chicken and candles! I think the 8900 is supposed to have GPS and WIFI. Or, you could go with a wifi berry and get an external gps source, like a gps keychain fob that connects via bluetooth to your berry.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    lmao @ the chicken and candles! I think the 8900 is supposed to have GPS and WIFI. Or, you could go with a wifi berry and get an external gps source, like a gps keychain fob that connects via bluetooth to your berry.

Like most people I want it all!!!! Fear the chicken AT&T!!! Fear the chicken!!!!

hear our demands!!! GPS and WIFI!!! We will not be ignored!!!
    Last edited by boomermarkovich; 02-12-2009 at 10:49 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Any news though on when AT&T will get the 8900 ?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Last I heard was late spring or mid summer......which means closer to christmas.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    EDGE or WIFI to Bluetooth to GPS sounds like enough of a ritual for me. I know - threaten at&t with rubber chickens - gets em every time.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.