Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

She FINALLY wants to make the switch from her LG Envy to a BB Curve. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Wife wants an 8330 Curve

Advertisement

She FINALLY wants to make the switch from her LG Envy to a BB Curve. She wanted a Red Curve like mine, but only at&t and T-Mo have them, She refuses the "Pepto-Pink" So, she wont get a red Curve unless we buy one online or go the colorware route.

So, ive just talked her into the Silver Curve with the Silicone skin of her choice.

my question is, i noticed Verizon DOES have an Official 4.5 OS out for DL. If we get her a Curve in the next few weeks, will her Curve come with 4.5 Installed? ( i am assuming NO.) Or will i need to install it for her? As i did with my at&t Curve?

***I should also state that i do not mind DL'ing and installing 4.5 for her ( im not sure she would even care if she had it or not, she just wants what a "phone" should be i guess. Will the rep(s) at the Verizon store offer to install it for her there in the store before we leave if i mention it?)

Thanks in Advance guys/gals
    Last edited by chknlomein; 04-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, it may come with 4.5 and it may not... Actually I doubt it will...

The verizon rep will probably have no idea how to upgrade it for you, I think you're better off doing it on your own...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yes Verizon has an official 4.5 and it should be on all newer devices in store. With out looking I believe it is 4.5.0.89 if not the Rep might do it for you if you asked but you would probably be better off doing it yourself.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Umm I really don't think the rep would do it for you. My gf has the storm and we updated her os and the rep said whenever you update from a different carrier, it voids the warranty. Says in the contract.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    Umm I really don't think the rep would do it for you. My gf has the storm and we updated her os and the rep said whenever you update from a different carrier, it voids the warranty. Says in the contract.
    Right, i know this...but Verizon HAS IN FACT released their own OFFICIAL OS 4.5. This would not constitute voiding the contract, at least i would hope not, since it is Verizons 4.5.

I really do appreciate all the qiuck responses guy/gals.

Please do keep them coming regarding my question above.

I'm hoping the 8330 we pick up in the store will already have the official 4.5 OS on the device...if not, wont be that big o' deal to install it myself when we get home.

nmantia no está en línea Stack level 1
    My friend just got a Blackberry Curve 8330 directly from Verizon (about a month ago)

The phone came pre-installed with OS 4.5

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    You are absolutely correct but since we are talking about official then this would not apply.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Oh yeah lol I was already thinking of differents os's.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by nmantia View Post
    My friend just got a Blackberry Curve 8330 directly from Verizon (about a month ago)

The phone came pre-installed with OS 4.5
    Thats EXACTLY what im hoping to hear. Thank You Very Much to ALL that replied and offered help.

Thanks Stackers

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    So thats it?...

Just TWO of you can confirm you believe the Current Verizon BB Curve 8330 sitting on shelves at this moment come with OS 4.5 installed?

As i mentioned, i can do this myself. No worries, I was just hoping others might know a lil more info before we go to the store tomorrow.

Any Verizon customers recently bought an 8330 that CAME WITH OS 4.5?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you called your local Rep? They should be able to tell you what they have in stock at the store before you go. I am pretty sure though if you live in a large area then they will have newer shipments of there devices and they will more than likely have 4.5.

Mitch R. no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B8E46E
    I'd be surprised if they don't ship with 4.5 given the popularity of this device. If for some reason it doesn't come with 4.5, just upgrade the OS right out of the box (before activating it with Verizon).

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Thanks Guys,

ModernCowboy:

I have not called the rep yet. In Chicago, for some reason the reps are ALWAYS busy. But i guess i could call them this evening.

Mitch:
    I would hope they would as well.

Thanks Again Guys.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I agree with Cowboy. How are we supposed to know if it will come with 4.5 in your area. You need to go in the store and ask or call the store you want to buy it from.

MsRandall no está en línea Stack level 2
    As for your wife wanting a red curve if she wants the color of Sprint red curve...go to ebay and buy a housing...they are like 35 bucks and easy to change out...10 minutes.
    Real Women have Curves Baby!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast