Hi All, When I try to access my Dad's Wi-Fi connection, my 8320 Curve continuously ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Wi-Fi Problems 8320

Advertisement

Hi All,
    When I try to access my Dad's Wi-Fi connection, my 8320 Curve continuously reboots and will not stop until I drive out to me main road out of range of his signal. The phone reboots fine once there and then I shut off wi-fi under manage connections. Go back to the house and everything is fine. The wierd thing is I have Wi-Fi at my house and not the first problem at my home or anywhere else that has wi-fi since I bought the phone in Oct. 07'. I am running O.S. 4.2 and have always had this problem at his house. My phone also switches to at&t network with 1 bar at his house so accessing the UMA is beneficial. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with BB Tech Support and all I can say them is "Thanks For NUTHIN!!!!!" I hope someone here has the knowlege and experience with my problem.

Thanks for Your Time.
    -Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    What kind of router? If memory serves there is a brand that doesn't play well with the bb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Some models of Linksys wireless routers are suspected in causing WiFi BB's to reboot.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OS 4.2. ? If you do not want to upgrade to OS 4.5 I would recomend upgrading to 4.2.184 from RIM this will solve probles with reboots with such routers as Belkin. It is a problem with the OS on your 8320.

The O.S I am running is the last O.S. (4.2.2.180) that t-mobile offered before coming out with O.S. 4.5 so any further up grade would require O.S. 4.5, and it's not gonna happen until the worn out issue of volume is fixed!!!

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    I dont know anything about a volume issue with 4.5.0.81that has been on my 8320 since T-Mos release So just go to RIM https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do and get 4.2.2.184 that will fix the reboot problem
    Problem

Wi-Fi® enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin® N Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8233-4) and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8232-4). The Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone shuts down and restarts repeatedly when attempting to connect to the Belkin wireless router.

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    Yup its most likely a os issue which is y we have 4.5 now, lol get it while its hot, smooth sailing from there, plus u get the xtras such as docs to go and html email, o and the volume thingy is not a problem anymore, its not as loud as 4.2, but its much improved over the other versions

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    The O.S I am running is the last O.S. (4.2.2.180) that t-mobile offered before coming out with O.S. 4.5 so any further up grade would require O.S. 4.5, and it's not gonna happen until the worn out issue of volume is fixed!!!
    Do the 4.5 upgrade, this fixed all my WiFi issues.

4.5.0.81 is found on T-Mobile's website, do it!

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I got 4.5 straight off of TMO website and have no volume issues of any kinda Really i havent had any issues from the upgrade!!

Dad's got a Belkin Router and told me otherwise. Dummy Me!!!

Volume Issue: Downloaded 4.5.081 from Tmobile website and volume level was horrid so I am not leaving 4.2 until a fix come out or another update is released. I really want the Video and Youtube but I need my volume due to my job. I drive a semi and it's hard to hear the volume in OS 4.5 but with 4.2... it's great, nice and loud. So thanks to all and I hope every stacker has a wonderful Thanksgiving with whoever you happen to be with.

Later,
    Hank

Blkbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24838a6c
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    Dad's got a Belkin Router and told me otherwise. Dummy Me!!!

Volume Issue: Downloaded 4.5.081 from Tmobile website and volume level was horrid so I am not leaving 4.2 until a fix come out or another update is released. I really want the Video and Youtube but I need my volume due to my job. I drive a semi and it's hard to hear the volume in OS 4.5 but with 4.2... it's great, nice and loud. So thanks to all and I hope every stacker has a wonderful Thanksgiving with whoever you happen to be with.
    Howdy Hank,

This is so strange, I have the 8320 from T-Mobile and have not had one single problem with volume being "lowered". Where I work is normally noisy, and if I happen to be in another room on the second floor, with TVs going, people talking and dogs barking, I can hear my phone ringing downstairs, just can't answer it, but then I good, just not that good! I can hear using speaker or holding phone up to my ears on half or lower volume. Rarely have the volume above half way. I don't doubt that it's lower to others, just wonder what the difference in phones is.

Anyway as others have stated you can go up to 4.2.2.184 from RIM which worked fine with the T-mobile Curve before 4.5 came out. For what it's worth I'm using .102 and if anyone was going to have a hearing problem it would be one of the older folks, not the younger ones. But hey I just might have better hearing at 51, than a lot of the younger BB owners, who knows? (I'm a mutant that's gotta be it, what a crummy super power, better Blackberry hearing.)

My hearing of course does not explain all the other problems Curve users are having that I have yet to see, endless reboots, deleted logs/mgs, sluggish speeds, spinning hour glasses, frozen to the point of being forced to pull the battery several times a day/week. What are they installing that I haven't? What are they doing with their BBs that I'm not?
    Da Bear

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    blkbear most of the time it seems to be user error not a hardware or software problem. People forget to remove memory cards before installing/upgrading an OS as well as not cleaning out their BB's internal memory so that there is no leakage which causes spinning hour glasses, sluggish speeds, deleted logs/messages...all these can be fixed easily though ...glad you got your problem worked out hank...maybe for christmas (or a thanksgiving day present: "i am thankful for my dad letting me leech his wi-fi ") you should get him a router that will play nicely with your BB

Megellan I think I will do that for my Dad even though his Christmas present given to him Thanksgiving was a infered turkey fryer. I think I will be able to swing that. lol However you mentioned Cleaning out internal BB Memory. How is this done? I want to update os but this is something I have not tried with the process.

Thanks,
    Hank