Probably a stupid question but if I’m connected to a wi-fi network on my 8320, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

betteronholiday no está en línea Stack level 2

wi-fi connection confusion

Advertisement

Probably a stupid question but if I’m connected to a wi-fi network on my 8320, does this automatically override the Blackberry Internet Service, or do I have to manually select the means by which my browser is connecting?

Just have nightmares about racking up a massive data bill using BIS, when I think I‘m using free wi-fi..

Many Thanks.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Under options, mobile network you can set it to wifi only. That should keep u on wifi. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ZWood15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24357A1B
    I believe that there is a sticky at the top of this forum on how to set your device to prioritize wifi over the mobile network. Follow that and you should be good to go!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24357A1B
    Here is the link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=45672

Sry for the dbl post

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    I apologize in advance for this question, but seeing the question above, made me ask it.
    I only have the email plan through tmo right now. If I try to surf the internet from home via my wireless network, is that going to get charged to me?

Thanks!
    I have been lurking and making a few posts here, but finally got my curve, on Friday!!!!

PIN/ID
    24357A1B
    If you use your home wifi network there will be no charge to you tmo acct. Same is true of other wireless networks (starbucks, etc.) Surf away!

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZWood15 View Post
    If you use your home wifi network there will be no charge to you tmo acct. Same is true of other wireless networks (starbucks, etc.) Surf away!

sweet!!!! thanks
    I was rather hoping that was the case, but I am new to personal bb's.

Todd

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    You already pay for you wi-fi through your ISP so that's who's data (up and down) you are using...anytime you can connect to an open or secured wi-fi (assuming you have a password to access the secured source) you can browse @ will with you BB...look into adding Hotspots@Home if you spend over 50% of you time in a wi-fi area as you can make unlimited calls to anywhere in the world without paying anything extra...has aved me tons and I talk over a few thousand minutes a month...hope this helps and welcome to the stacks ~via BB~

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    you can make calls over uma without H@H, they just get taken off your plan minutes. the neatest thing about uma/wifi is that if you're in a foreign country, you can hop on any wifi and call your friends back home as if you were in the u.s., no int'l long distance!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    And vice-a-versa...shoulda been more clear...jikdoc is right I was just merely stating that if you are in wi-fi areas a lot it's a great investment to get H@H since they don't come off your plan minutes...hope this clears things up ~via BB 8320~