I have 2 8330 from telus, recently I installed DM4.6 and now I can't backup. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3

Why won't DM let me backup... Help?

Advertisement

I have 2 8330 from telus, recently I installed DM4.6 and now I can't backup.

I've backup before and it works, once I upgrade now it won't, it will stop at the point when its backing up the msg part... Giving me an error

The only solution is delete all my msg before backup (than it works) but I also need my msg to be backed

Help? Is there a reason? I even try to downgrade DM, it still won't work...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Does it stop at the same place every time you clear your messages and try to do a backup again? DM is encountering something in your messages that it doesn't like for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Does it stop at the same place every time you clear your messages and try to do a backup again? DM is encountering something in your messages that it doesn't like for some reason.
    That's exactly what's happening... It always stop at the same spot

But this happen to both of mine 8330... Now I'm thinking its not DM's problem but instead are some 3rd party program doing something to my msg... (Since both 8330 have the same program install)

Would that be the case...?

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    Try going to the advanced section of the backup menu...clear whatever you can...like browser cache or phone logs...that has always worked no matter where my backup got stalled...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Paian View Post
    That's exactly what's happening... It always stop at the same spot

But this happen to both of mine 8330... Now I'm thinking its not DM's problem but instead are some 3rd party program doing something to my msg... (Since both 8330 have the same program install)

Would that be the case...?
    What's the program you have installed on both devices?

syn92 offers some good advice as well. Mine would seem to stall on the Browser Cache and I always clear my phone logs.

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D

Lightbulb

That´s a known prob w/ DM 4.5 and 4.6. I´ve got the same problem and figured out, that the only way you can fix it, is to downgrade to DM 4.3 and then wait for the new DM 4.7. I hope that RIM has fixed that issue in 4.7. We´ll see

I've been backing up for several weeks with DM 4.6 and only once did I have an issue requiring that I clear an insignificant database (Browser Cache), so I wouldn't say the only way to fix it is to downgrade.

PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    Hi RoGro, you´re right. But what I´ve posted was only my personal experience and decision. I tried to find a solution for that errord for hours and hours and stopped totally frustrated and were happy, that 4.3 works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by blackharleymike View Post
    Hi RoGro, you´re right. But what I´ve posted was only my personal experience and decision. I tried to find a solution for that errord for hours and hours and stopped totally frustrated and were happy, that 4.3 works perfect.
    Very good, Mike. This could very well work for our original poster, but then again it might not. My experience was that once I cleared out a certain database, I never had the problem again. Sometimes data gets corrupted. Not a whole lot we can do about that!

Cheers,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    thx roger. with stackers like you on my side, i have no fear about the upcoming dm´s, devices and os. I like pinstack very much and its absolutly helpful.
    (maybe my grammer isn´t perfect, because i´m from germany. Sorry for that )

No worries Mike! You're doing just fine. It's important, though to recognize that what works for you might not work for someone else, so we have to be careful when choosing our words!

Cheers,
    Roger

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I actually had that happen on 4.3 several times where it stalled with an error on messages and wouldn't save the backup. Hasn't happened to me on 4.6 yet and I've had it since the day it was released. Go figure ..........so far me and 4.6 are getting along quite well
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    thx again roger. i´ll do my very best

Thx stacker! This place is awesome

Anyways yea from the look of it. I need to downgrade back to 4.3 (only downed to 4.5 to try)

I've try deleting the data base and still no luck... I'll report back to see wasup after 4.3... Its strange how some people work with 4.6 and some dont