Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Originally Posted by ehadden From all the reviews of the curve, don't really see the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    exilio's Avatar
    exilio no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    From all the reviews of the curve, don't really see the reason to upgrade. Most of the reviews do not favor the keys.
    Wow - I could not disagree more. From all of the reviews I have read, professional and personal, the response has been overwhelmingly positive about the new keyboard. What review did you read where they panned the 8300's keyboard?

  2. #17
    ehadden's Avatar
    ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B84624
    Posts
    78

    Re: Why upgrade?

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well I posted this thread and after further review I have tried first hand the curve today and was not very impressed. As I thought, the keyboard is not great. 8700 is much better. I am not a trackball fan either, does not scroll well. Just my opinion!

  3. #18
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    The 8700 seies is the best blackberry to date, this is why every service provider has it.
    Please look up the words "subjective" and "opinion". There's no such thing as a universally "best" BB (or anything in this world, for that matter) for everyone. Everyone has different needs and wants and therefore, different "best" Blackberries. If the end-all-be-all was the 8700 then RIM sure wouldn't have bothered with any subsequent models and they sure wouldn't have sold at all...

    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I don't understand why someone starts a thread asking a question like "why upgrade?". If you read the specs and reviews on the Curve and don't see any obvious reasons to upgrade then don't. You stated you are happy with what you have. Fine. Keep it.
    Lotsa people need validation I guess. Or maybe it's just "proactive threadcrapping"...
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I just want to hurl everytime someone makes negative remarks about something they've never owned or tried.
    Better get a bucket handy then. Plenty of that going 'round. I really don't think using something in the store for a few minutes is all that indicative either (mostly regarding 8800 keyboard comments) but I guess everyone has different criteria and many expect to be perfectly happy with something right off the bat. However, I can't think of many that absolutely loved SureType without giving it some time...
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-31-2007 at 02:56 AM.

  4. #19
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I don't understand why someone starts a thread asking a question like "why upgrade?". If you read the specs and reviews on the Curve and don't see any obvious reasons to upgrade then don't. You stated you are happy with what you have. Fine. Keep it.

    Personally I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time trying to convince you to buy something you don't really want or you wasting time trying to convince anyone that the 8700 is better. How could you possibly know never having even held one?

    Again, if you are happy with what you have, keep it. If you need to rave about the 8700 series, there is a fourm for that. If you want to convince anyone here that the 8700 is BETTER than the 8300, you should really wait until you've had one in hand.

    I just want to hurl everytime someone makes negative remarks about something they've never owned or tried.
    wow dont blow a gasket. its a free forum and yeah you have a point but then again you didnt have to post in the thread either.

  5. #20
    ehadden's Avatar
    ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B84624
    Posts
    78

    Re: Why upgrade?

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well I have seemed to cause qite a buzz. I am not a hater of the curve, that is not the purpose of this thread. This is only my opinion. Yes I have tried both the 8800 and the curve. My purpose is keyboard and trackwheel on blackberry devices. If I cannot type fast and scroll fast I do not have any purpose for blackberry. RIM is really pushing to break into consumer market right now, especially with iphone coming soon.

  6. #21
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well I have seemed to cause qite a buzz. I am not a hater of the curve, that is not the purpose of this thread. This is only my opinion. Yes I have tried both the 8800 and the curve. My purpose is keyboard and trackwheel on blackberry devices. If I cannot type fast and scroll fast I do not have any purpose for blackberry. RIM is really pushing to break into consumer market right now, especially with iphone coming soon.
    I'm not blowing a gasket. I just see so many people make comments on devices they've never used. No offense but you you stated in your post that you've TRIED the 8700 and 8800 but only READ about the Curve. Now you claim that you've TRIED the Curve ever though it contradicts your orignial statement.

    I wasn't trying to bust your chops or anything and I'm not now. Your right, it's a free forum and therefore I have the right to question and comment. You have the right to ignore me. :-)

    Just so you know coming from someone who literally has tried every Blackberry; the Curve is the finest you'll find anywhere. It's a perfect balance (for me anyway) of forum and function. The keybord is EXCELLENT and much better IMO, than the 8800. If you don't at least TRY one out in the store, you're missing out on something special.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  7. #22
    OzzieDog's Avatar
    OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well I have seemed to cause qite a buzz. I am not a hater of the curve, that is not the purpose of this thread. This is only my opinion. Yes I have tried both the 8800 and the curve. My purpose is keyboard and trackwheel on blackberry devices. If I cannot type fast and scroll fast I do not have any purpose for blackberry. RIM is really pushing to break into consumer market right now, especially with iphone coming soon.
    Wouldn't logic dictate, that if all is in the instruments are in front trackwheel/ball, that it would be faster? ie; typing and scrolling? I maybe all wrong, but there again my opinion.
    I have the 8700c and thinking of switching to the 8330/Curve. I also tried the 8800 and didn't like it (keyboard) but that is my opinion only to each his/her own.
    Now all I have to do is find one.

  8. #23
    ehadden's Avatar
    ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    32B84624
    Posts
    78

    Re: Why upgrade?

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well to make myself more clear I own a 8700 and use it everyday, I have owned or used all blackberries including the 900 series all the way in the begining. The trackball I am not a fan of and have tried for my self and consulted friends of mine who have had the device from verizon for a time now, they are not impressed with it either. They do like the OS upgrade and themes, but to the premise of my origional post why upgrade. RIM is trying to compete with comsumer market, the curve is no breaktrough, I am waiting untile the devices UI is upgraded such as PIM applications, browser upgrade and keybnoard. They really came through with the 8700 keyboard from the 7000 series. I want to pay for document management, UI and usability, not themes and some media functions.

  9. #24
    OzzieDog's Avatar
    OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: Why upgrade?

    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well to make myself more clear I own a 8700 and use it everyday, I have owned or used all blackberries including the 900 series all the way in the begining. The trackball I am not a fan of and have tried for my self and consulted friends of mine who have had the device from verizon for a time now, they are not impressed with it either. They do like the OS upgrade and themes, but to the premise of my origional post why upgrade. RIM is trying to compete with comsumer market, the curve is no breaktrough, I am waiting untile the devices UI is upgraded such as PIM applications, browser upgrade and keybnoard. They really came through with the 8700 keyboard from the 7000 series. I want to pay for document management, UI and usability, not themes and some media functions.
    Well the answer is simple, don't buy the 8300, maybe wait for somethig else to come out from RIM.
    Who knows maybe the trackwheel will come back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •