Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have a 8703e. I am very happy with this device. I have checked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

Why upgrade?

Advertisement

I currently have a 8703e. I am very happy with this device. I have checked out the 8800 at the cingular store, did not like. From all the reviews of the curve, don't really see the reason to upgrade. Most of the reviews do not favor the keys. The 8700 seies is the best blackberry to date, this is why every service provider has it. I am sticking with 8700 till the next generstion comes out. The keyboard needs to be tops. Thanks

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Why upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    I currently have a 8703e. I am very happy with this device. I have checked out the 8800 at the cingular store, did not like. From all the reviews of the curve, don't really see the reason to upgrade. Most of the reviews do not favor the keys. The 8700 seies is the best blackberry to date, this is why every service provider has it. I am sticking with 8700 till the next generstion comes out. The keyboard needs to be tops. Thanks
    well your wait is right around the corner the new BB 8300 is almost here !!!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Lol VP did not really what ehadden said o.O

PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ditto

PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have read iphone talk in this forum site. Tisk. Tisk!!!!

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The 8800 is just an evolution of the 8700. It just got better. All the new features are nice but its still a blackberry.

Just wait till your contract is ready to upgrade and not fall into the endless upgrading circle. I would have happily kept my 7290 but doing so would not have saved much in monthly tarriff so I got a new 8700.

I just hope the new 9xxx comes with a revolutionary OS5 and 3g. That will be the one worth upgrading too. After a few months though. Just to make sure they clear out all the bugs.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I agree, I love the 8700 myself but the curve is like an 8700 with steriod.. that's the only reason I'm upgrading... it has media features and it looks sexier. But don't get me wrong I will forever love me 8700

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Smile Why Upgrade?

While I have to admit my 8700V is a pretty good machine, I'm upgrading to the 8800 for the GPS and the other little gadgety features like VAD and the media player + expandable memory. My new provider also has a plan that just blows Vodafone out of the water completely (Optus for all my Aussie Pinstackers- $79 Blackberry Cap- check it out!) But anyway, also happy to be back amongst the REAL Blackberry crowd (I was *sob* a poser with a pre paid SIM for almost a year) And that's my two cents, Cheers guys...
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

I have floated around before ending back up on the 87 the only thing that will make me change is the trackball and possibly media. The only thing turning me off the 88 was the keyboard, after all what good is it if you cannot type

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

I went from a 7290 to Pearl and then the 8800. 8800 is the best. The battery you can't beat, GPS, media. Now you can use Desk Top Manager from the 8300 on your 8800. Dude why upgrade. 8800 is the best way to go. I thought about the 8300 but i am well content with the 8800.

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

I was on the 8700 with Cingular and thought it was the best. Then I upgraded to the Pearl and love the additional features - voicedial on the Pearl is superb and I adapted well to SureType. Love the media player and Opera mini makes it very useable on HTML. I would never consider going back to the 8700. As for the 8800, I will probably go for it ni the future (or something newer that is out at the time I upgrade) primarily for the built in GPS. That's the biggest seller I see for the 8800. Cingular's Pearl has GPS only with the addition to a GPS puck while the 8800 has the GPS chip ready to use out of the box.

I'm at a point that I prefer the SureType over the standard keyboard and find it much more accurate (at least with my thumbs). If BlackBerry comes out with a Pearl-type device with built-in GPS, I would be in 7th Heaven!

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I don't understand why someone starts a thread asking a question like "why upgrade?". If you read the specs and reviews on the Curve and don't see any obvious reasons to upgrade then don't. You stated you are happy with what you have. Fine. Keep it.

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time trying to convince you to buy something you don't really want or you wasting time trying to convince anyone that the 8700 is better. How could you possibly know never having even held one?

Again, if you are happy with what you have, keep it. If you need to rave about the 8700 series, there is a fourm for that. If you want to convince anyone here that the 8700 is BETTER than the 8300, you should really wait until you've had one in hand.

I just want to hurl everytime someone makes negative remarks about something they've never owned or tried.
    Last edited by evilhomer; 05-30-2007 at 11:10 AM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

dionysus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20403CD5
    Loved my 8700 too, but, GPS and voicedial alone make the 8800 worth it let alone the media capability. Also, I have HUGE fingers and adapted to the 8800 keyboard in a few minutes - it actually feels more solid than my 87 did.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The pearl is the shiznit right now!I'm stickin with it until they come out with another totally inovative device like the pearl was when it came out! I'm not falling into the trap of upgrading just to get one or two extra features and all the rest of you would be wise to do the same.

tamparican no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E29C6B

Im loving the Pearl , if i do upgrade It'll probably be for the 8120 this fall, as it will have built-in GPS, 2.0 MP cam, and Wi-Fi with the updated OS. As i dont reallly care for the wide BB's( full qwuerty)

http://ringtones.engadgetmobile.com/...arl-this-fall/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast