1) When I take a picture with my 8310 and store it on my Media ... BlackBerry Curve forum

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Why is this happening?

Advertisement

1) When I take a picture with my 8310 and store it on my Media Card, my device memory still goes down so I need to limit the number of pictures. If it goes on the media card, why should that happen?
    2) When I install programs with Aerize Card Loader and install them ota directly to the media card, the device memory goes down. What gives?

I think the whole thing is a plot......just kidding, but does anyone know why these card installed or stored items wind up draining the devoce memory?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pretty much the reason is because it has to allocate memory for the program while it is running...otherwise it would pull memory from the media card itself and perfoprm slowly...it is more or less ram...

Lemme know if this does or does not answer your ?...I'm kinda going on a limb here

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Then wouldn't that memory return after the program or picture were closed? I wind up needing to delete the pictures or my device memory doesn't go back up.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    My thought is that the phone is "reserving" the memory for the ghost application

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Indeed, memory leaks can be a problem.

Not to mention that closing the picture doesn't necessarily close the app. Do
    an Alt-Escape to see what apps are running.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    My thought is that the phone is "reserving" the memory for the ghost application

I second this...it is basically allocating memory for when the application is used.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, I think that the main reason why your memory goes down when you store pictures on your media card because whatever it is you do on your bb, gets tracked in your bb event log. You know how when you are on a computer and everything you do gets logged? Well, the same thing happens on your bb. Try clearing your event log every now and then. Not only does the event log store everything you do, but it also tells you which app is running and whether or not an app is running appropriately. (To clear your event log, hold down the left alt + L + G + L + G. Then press the bb button, > Clear Log >Delete.) Check your memory again... (Hold down LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + H) If clearing the event log does not help, you may have one of those bb's with a memory leak...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It could also be the Cache in the browser getting full also. Check that and delete the Cookies, Pushed Content, History, and Memory.

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    What is the point of alt left shift h? It shows the same things as status.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjason View Post
    What is the point of alt left shift h? It shows the same things as status.
    Yes, it's the same thing, but it skips the step of having to go into your options menu and going to status. It's just a shortcut that also shows a little more than what the status menu shows. (i.e. Vendor ID, Platform, App Version and Uptime)