I have a few BlackBerry curve 8330's running off a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). Basically ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Why dont they leave me alone !!

Advertisement

I have a few BlackBerry curve 8330's running off a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). Basically my issue is with the syncing; OR just the amount of time it takes for the BlackBerry to acknowledge delteted emails.

What happens is that an associate will delete an email in outlook; BUT it still remains on their BlackBerry. There have been cases where the email stays on the BB forever; and other cases where is can stay there for hours.

I just did a test with an individual who deleted email from his desktop at 7:00 this morning. He approached me at 10:30 with this issue, so i cunducted a test where i sent him 2 emails. One was labeled DESKTOP and the other BLACKBERRY. I deleted the email labeled BLACKBERRY using his phone and the other labeled DESKTOP through his PC. He just now (11:00) reported to me that both emails were gone, BUT the ones he deleted at 7:00 this morning are still showing up on his phone.

I am more or less looking for clearity. If someone can atleast tell me why this is happening i would be more then greatful. Thank you.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Just a thought, but is Wireless Reconcile set to "on" on the devices?

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    This is a forever probably I have been batteling. I'm the admin of our BES and we have a bunch of users with this issue. I've done all the standard trouble shooting, but the only thing I could place it on for the ones not being deleted is, the user is not removing them properly. A lot of people say they delete (when they are moving it to another folder), the Blackberry won't pick up that its no longer in your inbox, and still display it on your BB. Although I've proven myself that this isn't always the case. But at least it makes me feel better from time to time about it.

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The thing that i see as the issue is when people delete emails without reading them; ultimately leaving them with -X- amount of new/unread emails, and that is what frustrates them.

A quick fix that i have told people to is to always view THEN delete; as to make things clearer on their phone. BUT- if anyone else has some suggestions or answers as to why the BES will quickly/easily reconcile viewed emails, but not deleted email ones, please feel free to join in this discussion.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    I would love to see this problem solved. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have never been able to discover anything consist to it working