I have wireless Internet at my pad and my 8320 has wifi right. I don't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

Why does wifi is so slow?

Advertisement

I have wireless Internet at my pad and my 8320 has wifi right. I don't get good reception in my pad with tmo even tho my edge network is way faster than the wifi. What I'm I doing wrong or why is this happening?? Why is my wifi slower than edge when is suppose to be the other way around?? And I know is not my Internet service cuz in my iPhone is super fast just like if I'm using my laptop. Any help guys?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Don't know. Test your various speeds using Speed Test here to record the exact speeds. Is there a possibility that some of your neighbors are "sharing" your wi-fi with you? Is it a secured wi-fi set up - if not, you may have company.

Normal home wi-fi connections are much faster that edge assuming that you don't have a really slow version of the service - that's a possibility too. You may just have to do some detective work and testing to figure it out. Good luck!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

No It is a secure line

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    No It is a secure line
    That should rule that possibility out then. I don't know why your wi-fi would be slow. I think most of the slowest options (I don't have the fastest that sbcglobal offers myself) should still be pretty fast compared to edge. Use the Speed Test utility and post some speeds so we can see what upload/download rates you're getting. Probably your phone settings for wi-fi are ok or you wouldn't be getting any activity at all so I'm not sure what to recommend at this point.

Anyone else have an idea?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Presumably you're using the standard browser, which proxies through the RIM infrastructure. That's the bottleneck; not your connection.

It's the same reason that 3G BlackBerry devices don't seem to browse significantly faster than EDGE ones.

The iPhone browser isn't proxied, and does all rendering locally, so it can take full advantage of the faster connection speed.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Download opera mini, and after installing it, go to option and select wifi, it will bypass RIM infrastructure. www.operamini.com and also are you sure your fully connected to the wifi ? because mine speeds up once it connects. Is your wifi indicator white ? and what wifi router or access point to you have b g draftn ? I have never connected on a b but do on a g and I can image there are some that still have a b router, that might be slower, i dunno.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Too bad Opera Mini is proxied through the Opera servers, which are still a significant bottleneck.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

can i download it from the bb?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    yeah its ota Ill find the link

1. Visit the address mini.opera.com using your phone’s default Web browser.
    2. Follow simple on-screen download instructions.
    3. After the download, locate Opera Mini on your phone among other Java applications and start enjoying the blazing-fast mobile Web.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Damn I can't believe how fast it is right now that I downloaded miniopera. Thanks alot you guys frlor all those helpfull tips!!!