I've had my curve for probably 6 or so months, and so far this has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

willypilgrim no está en línea Stack level 1

Why does my curve randomly delete all my messages?

Advertisement

I've had my curve for probably 6 or so months, and so far this has happened twice(or sort of, three times). Once, maybe after a month of use or so, all of a sudden all messages on my mobile not associated with my e-mail box dissappeared. Whether I went to the combined message inbox or my e-mail box, I only had e-mail messages.

Yesterday, the same thing happened, although it also deleted e-mails older than a week. Then today I awoke to nothing on my phone except e-mails and messages received after 1pm yesterday. I have my curve setup to purge messages that are more than 15 days old, and this is seriously unacceptable.

What are my courses of action? Should I be calling att and trying to get a replacement? Is that even possible?

Thanks for any help folks.

scr8pngmc no está en línea Stack level 1
    My curve does something similar. Every so often it erases all my e-mails, text messages, and my call history.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Why does my curve randomly delete all my messages?

free up some space, this is the BB deling your messages in order not to get to low on avalible memory.

Check this post:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

GF4444 no está en línea Stack level 1

Once I added a mini SD card to expand the memory, it stopped doing that.

Take care

willypilgrim no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help guys, I had been intending on picking up a 4gb microSD and was wondering if it was solely a memory issue, though I had kind of expected a prompt or message of some sort.

I assume blacckberry is smart enough to just treat the expanded memory like the system memory then?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The memory card does nothing for freeing up the memroy available on the device, unless you move your pics, ringers, songs, and movies to it for storage. This is not like a PC or WM device where it can automatically utilize the memory card to extend the memory of the device. It takes a conscious effort on the part of the user to make sure that things that can be stored on the memory card are stored there, and this is what will free memory. Only the things that I stated can be stored there (unless using mass storage mode, but then alot of that wouldn't be available to the BB). So far apps can not be stored to the memory card.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by willypilgrim View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, I had been intending on picking up a 4gb microSD and was wondering if it was solely a memory issue, though I had kind of expected a prompt or message of some sort.

I assume blacckberry is smart enough to just treat the expanded memory like the system memory then?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No the media card is just for your media. It will not treat it as expanding you devices memory. All BBs have 64mb of internal memory to date. 20mb is taken up by you OS and other OS files. So you only have 40mb of room to work with.

So just keep in mind what your installing onto you BB and how much free space you have left.