My caller ID on my 8330 does not work consistently. It always gives me the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shawnystugots no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Why does Caller ID sometimes not work?

Advertisement

My caller ID on my 8330 does not work consistently. It always gives me the number of the person calling, if it's not private, but is not consistent on whether it ties it to a number from my address book. My brother will call me and sometime his number will just appear, and other times his name and info from the address book will appear. When I check the call log afterwards, it has always identified the caller if they are in my address book...but for me the desire for Caller ID is to see who is calling, not who I just spoke to.

I have over 500 contacts in my address book. Is it the amount of info it has to go through, or is there something wrong with my BB?

Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Hey shawnystugots, do you have the security enabled on the phone? If you do, is the address book included? If you switch that off it should allow the ID to come through. Hope that helps...if not let us know

zahar no está en línea Stack level 1
    When you have the same number listed under different names in your address book, the Blackberry will get confused and not know which name to pull when the number calls.

The solution is to delete one of the duplicate entries.

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    Or the problem could lie in if the address book entry has the area code in it. Mine also will do the same thing yours is doing. If that doesn't solve it it could be a software issue as if you are running the beta 4.5, I know I have heard others also experiencing the same thing as you. Good luck

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    its the security feature that causes this. if the phone book is protected when locked you get this problem as stated above

shawnystugots no está en línea Stack level 1
    That worked perfectly so far! I changed the choice to "no" under "include address book" in Content Protection. Thanks!