Sometimes the message will have a check mark but not have the "D" for delivered ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Why do Messenger messages sometimes not go through?

Advertisement

Sometimes the message will have a check mark but not have the "D" for delivered even when there is plenty of service.

also, do you know why sometimes contacts names are written in italic? some of the faces have little clocks by the mouth and others have lines which i assume mean they're talking but i don't know if it means they're talking on the phone or texting...

i haven't found any "manuals" or something that explains the different aspects of messenger

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Do the message with the checks ever show as delivered after a period of time, or never at all.

Typically, when a message doesn't show as delivered right away, it means the person is on the phone. Once they get off the phone, the message will go through.

i've noticed that sometimes it's either my phone or their phone that needs a battery pull which the message goes through after. i have a habit of closing conversations after i send messages unless i'm in an actual conversation so i'm not sure if it shows as delivered after a long time

For awhile, try leaving them open so you can monitor whether they are actually getting delivered or not. I've never had to do a battery pull for messenger. What's your file free status? Go to Options > Status to find that. Maybe you have a low memory issue that is causing it.

my file free is 8381699 Bytes

That's really pretty low. Sounds like this thread would be beneficial to you. I'd hate to see you start losing data because your memory is so low.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=22541

that's low? it's weird because i have 1gb external memory that i keep all my big files on, i delete all of my messages every day...

when i take pictures with the phone they save to the phone memory. i removed them and my memory was at 9096191. i then cleared my event log and cache for the browser and my memory went to 8981583. wtf...

what number is a good amount of memory?
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 06-05-2008 at 07:14 PM.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    yea 7 megs is low, supposedly you should run with at least 14 @ any given time

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i believe you only get the confirmed delivery "D" icon if the buddy is on the same carrier as you because some of my messenger buddies it never shows the delivered icon yet we will be having convos in real time.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    i believe you only get the confirmed delivery "D" icon if the buddy is on the same carrier as you because some of my messenger buddies it never shows the delivered icon yet we will be having convos in real time.
    Are you talking about Blackberry Messenger or some other communications. BBM will show the D for Delivered and R for Read for contacts on any carrier.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    YEah it will show the D for delivered no matter what. However it may take time sometimes. For instance if you send someone a message but they are not in coverage at the time or are on a phone call or their device is off you won't get the d until they are able to receive data again.