I don't know if I was tired or frustrated, but I couldn't remember how to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Why do they make it so hard to install an SD card?

Advertisement

I don't know if I was tired or frustrated, but I couldn't remember how to install my SD card on my new Curve (lost my phone last week, got a new one --- then the store that I called over and over and over found the old one - a little jacked up). I sat here trying to move the card into the new compartment for about 20 minutes. Is it just me? It can't be. I've taken computers apart and put them back together...

I don't know if I broke the card, or if the contacts inside the compartment were already faulty. I just can't get the card to work in the new Curve --- or the old one. But it certainly worked earlier today.

What do I do? I've tried to re-format it on the device, but no luck. Any advice? I also set the "Enable Mass Storage" option to "prompt". I don't know what else to do.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Re: Why do they make it so hard to install an SD card?

u most likely messed the card up if it doesnt work in neither curves. try putting it in an SD adapter and see if a computer will read that SD adapter card. if it does then its ur curve(s) if it doenst then its ur card

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Mine took forever to get in when I had my Curve. I got so frustrated I had to get my boyfriend to do it for me because I was about to throw it. I love how my new 8130 has the slot on the side of the phone... makes it so much easier.
    /~*brooke

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

PIN/ID
    AskMe

k either u guys didnt understand his question or i didnt.
    im pretty sure hes saying that his card is IN the curve and doesnt work in neither (his old and his new curve) thats why i said u try it in a computer.
    i might be wrong maybe hes talking about how to put it in lol :P

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yep..i'd say use the reader and try it in the PC.
    the door slides up, very much like the sim door.
    very 'flimsy' ... looks like they figured out the better design with the 8130 and it being outside the bb

Thanks, will try it in my PC later. I am frustrated! Seriously. I leave for a one month business trip on Saturday and have photoshoots the next three days (I do makeup and hair...). I just don't have time for switching all of this stuff around AND for things not to work. I should have just set it up when I got to Miami...

It is damn flimsy. It may slide in, but it's not clear how to slide it in. So you try and jam the door down which bends it and makes it impossible to slide the card into the metal slots on the door when you figure it out. They really need to find a better compartment for the Curve.

Any other thoughts? Anyone else who has gone through this? I only ask now because I will have about 5 minutes to deal with this in the next week.

Again thanks for your help! Rachael

citydcstar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC386

Wonder why they didn't just do that method for ALL blackberrys.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Just be careful you don't break the metal holder. And I agree, it is hard to get the card in correctly - it's especially hard to lock it into place.

gemini_girl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240D55D4

I had a difficult installing my card. I was afraid that I'd damage the card. I ended up going to the AT&T store and getting them to install it.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

It was a pain in the *** for me too, I liked how my motorizr had the SD card in it. And for your problem, make sure your putting the card in the right way, cause I was having the same problem, but the card wasnt in the right way, lol

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

You will need to push down gently on the metal part of the SD card holder and then place the Micro SD card in. Then gently slide the cover the other way. It should stay in place... I hope that helps. I know it's a hassle and really small, but you need a little bit of patience.

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

I wouldn't say that it's especially difficult to put the card in place correctly, but it is far more difficult than is necessary. RIM - put the slot on top of the phone where it belongs next time.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I've never had a problem with it but I'm used to dealing with the older SIM holders which used the same style of metal door. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I officially killed that Micro SD card. I bought a new one, and presto it worked on both phones!