Results 1 to 11 of 11

Ive posted this question on another forum so apologies if you use both and see ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    bully74uk's Avatar
    bully74uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16

    Why do I not have a Missed Call LED on my 8900

    Advertisement



    Ive posted this question on another forum so apologies if you use both and see the same question.

    I have no LED flashing after a missed call, is this normal ?

    I have a red one for an email or text but nothing for missed call.

    My profile is set to "normal" and within the settings "repeat notification" is set to "LED Flashing". Doesn't this mean that the LED should flash after the missed call ?

    Running version 101.

  2. #2
    thechadj's Avatar
    thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    690
    Is your missed call reporting in your Messages folder? I am not exact on how it works. But when I miss a call it is reported in my messages folder and in that case I guess it flashes the LED to inform that way.
    Maybe if you try going into your call log. Menu>Call logging>show these types in messages and turn select missed calls.

    Hope that helps
    Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

  3. #3
    bully74uk's Avatar
    bully74uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    Is your missed call reporting in your Messages folder? I am not exact on how it works. But when I miss a call it is reported in my messages folder and in that case I guess it flashes the LED to inform that way.
    Maybe if you try going into your call log. Menu>Call logging>show these types in messages and turn select missed calls.

    Hope that helps
    Regards
    cHAd
    Ok ive tried this and now ive got a message icon on my home screen with a number (6) next to it, indicating six messages.

    No missed call LED though ????

    Can you confirm that you have a flashing red LED to indicate a missed call ?

  4. #4
    mlin13's Avatar
    mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    93
    I don't have a flashing Led to indicate a missed call. I think it only flashes while someone is calling my phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  5. #5
    bully74uk's Avatar
    bully74uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mlin13 View Post
    I don't have a flashing Led to indicate a missed call. I think it only flashes while someone is calling my phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thank you. This is exactly what mine does. Red LED whilst ringing, nothing after.

  6. #6
    lacapsa's Avatar
    lacapsa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up Missed Call LED light

    I had the same "problem" with my Curve, and so it is like that by standard I just downloaded an application called "MissingLight" that does precisely this (makes the LED flash lilac color for missed calls and SMS/MMSs). I hope this is as useful to you as it was to me.
    Cheers

  7. #7
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702
    You can get missinglight here off of this thread:

    http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog322.html

  8. #8
    caboose06's Avatar
    caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    Posts
    228
    missinglight should be free...

  9. #9
    waldog's Avatar
    waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    missinglight should be free...
    $3 for this? Forget that. lol.. Might as well spend $2 more and get a better app that lights every event.

  10. #10
    rand0m's Avatar
    rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    171
    missing light is pretty useful for me since I don't use ringtones.. if you google enough, u may find a free one someone uploaded

  11. #11
    waldog's Avatar
    waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    missing light is pretty useful for me since I don't use ringtones.. if you google enough, u may find a free one someone uploaded
    Pm sent. Haha.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •