Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love my curve! I returned my iphone for it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry Curve forum

hiphop101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Why are so many people returning phones?

Advertisement

I love my curve! I returned my iphone for it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am about to try to return this Pearl due to constant puking of BB Messenger contacts after OS upgrades.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I am about to try to return this Pearl due to constant puking of BB Messenger contacts after OS upgrades.
    My curve does that.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

As soon as I got my Pearl, in May, I lost both my browsers. I called customer service and spoke to about 4 people. I spoke to the BB service too. No one knew how to help me. At&T suggested I return the phone. I was going to return my phone. My daughter suggested this forum and I found the fix for my problem. Unfortunately lots of BB users don't know that forums like this exist.
    Thank you PinStackers.
    Last edited by dgy2k1; 08-23-2007 at 08:13 PM.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

I had several issues with my pearls and I ended up returning them. It doesnt cost a dime, if you have TMO. They make it extremely easy by inserting the postage paid UPS waybill and reusable box + foam. However, I'm not sure about other carriers.

And from past experience, it has a lot to do with customer service. I had an 8800 that customer service couldnt figure out. I gave up and returned it because I had grown tired of the runaround.

Quote Originally Posted by dgy2k1
    As soon as I got my Pearl, in May, I lost both my browsers. I called customer service and spoke to about 4 people. I spoke to the BB service too. No one knew how to help me. At&T suggested I return the phone. I was going to return my phone. My daughter suggested this forum and I found the fix for my problem. Unfortunately lots of BB users don't know that forums like this exist.
    Thank you PinStackers.
    That is true. I didn't know this forum was around until I bought a 7105t, and in the process of ordering the ebook "BlackBerry Made Simple", I came across a link here http://www.blackberrymadesimple.com/bbms_partners.shtml

shogan8503 no está en línea Stack level 1

Honestly the reason for most returns or warranty exchanges is people being picky. They get a scratch or scuff, the trackball just "doesnt seem right" things like that so they will warranty it for another one or exchange it for another. I can't lie, I've exchanged my BB before cause after only a week i dropped it pretty bad and scuffed it up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow! Only a week? Most of my BB's last 3-6 months before having to be replaced. The earliest I had to DOA a BB is 14 days.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I can agree that most problems probably have really simple solutions and I know personally that you cannot rely on having someone at a store to troubleshoot a problem, unless you happen to get lucky and have someone who was trained on a product or even better uses it themselves. That is why this forum has become invaluable to me, I have learned that going to the store or calling customer service is a last ditch effort usually resulting in a replacement bc they would rather not deal with what you have going on.

I want to note that this not to slander any sales rep or store personnel here bc I have had luck with both, but unfortunatly where i currently reside, the store personnel have not been very helpful as of late. Plus, the employees of carriers that i have encountered at pinstack have been really helpful to me.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by shogan8503
    Honestly the reason for most returns or warranty exchanges is people being picky. They get a scratch or scuff, the trackball just "doesnt seem right" things like that so they will warranty it for another one or exchange it for another. I can't lie, I've exchanged my BB before cause after only a week i dropped it pretty bad and scuffed it up.
    If I'm going to spend a LOT of money on a phone it better be perfect! I got a curve and the screen was lifting off so I swapped it. They gave me a lot of guff for it too. Now if I drop it thats another story.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

welcome to the stacks. i'm going to have to agree with cherri as well, working as a retial sales rep, i see a lot of people getting the blackberry devices because they see it has a camera or an mp3 player or gps, and it's different from the other devices and they don't know how to use it, and they return it in a couple of days or they keep it and they bash it. or they run into an error and don't know how to fix it and get discouraged. I also see sales reps who don't prequalify someone for a device like that and say oh well you want it okay, here you go, or sometimes if tere is a problem some of the tech support reps not all, don't get them the proper information.

i usually try to refer my custmers with blackberry devices to this site for help because it's full of people who has experienced the same issues or problems

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I've heard a lot of people say they found the stacks because their rep told them about it. I have been to many stores and talked to many reps and they have always said the same thing. Pinstack what? Nobody seems to know about it...well not that I have run into. Glad to know you guys are referring people to the right places instead of just sending them on their way. After all it will ensure they don't return the phone.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12