Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a BB Curve and have been reading the forums here and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Why are so many people returning phones?

Advertisement

I just bought a BB Curve and have been reading the forums here and I see that alot of people are saying that they are on their 4th Pearl or their 3rd Curve. Are there issues with the BB that I should be aware about? How difficult is it to get a replacement and do you have to pay extra for it? Any advice would be great. At this point, I'm skeptical about the BB and considering returning it so I don't have to deal with any problems. Thanks!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Why are so many people returning phones?

danni - welcome to the stacks

i think, and im sure i'll get flamed for this, that a lot of people return their bb's because they don't know how to fix simple problems...and the stores and carriers are just as much at fault bc they don't know how to fix them either...i do think that some are faulty, when it comes to equipment issues tho. its really hit or miss. and the ratio of returned berries to kept berries is prolly super low

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    danni - welcome to the stacks

i think, and im sure i'll get flamed for this, that a lot of people return their bb's because they don't know how to fix simple problems...and the stores and carriers are just as much at fault bc they don't know how to fix them either...i do think that some are faulty, when it comes to equipment issues tho. its really hit or miss. and the ratio of returned berries to kept berries is prolly super low

Gotta agree with Ms. Cherri on this..Its what I experience most the time at my store..Just people who inexperienced and dont bother searching on how to fix a very simple problem..Very small percentage of the time it is just the phone being defective, but you rarely encounter those issues.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73

I also agree with Cherri and Harry. I"ve own my Curve for a week now, and I've learned so much about my BB just by reading the "how to's" in this Excellent forum. There are so many helpful members here that actually know what they're talking about, you can't go wrong with tweaking your device.

Mad Props to Pinstack!!!!!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

agreed.
    I spend a good chunk of my day taking out the battery, putting it back in, and silently laughing at the customer that didn't know how to do it on their own. It's usually not defective, but many stores just take back any DOA phones that come in, without doing simple troubleshooting them selves.
    BB are the most reliable phones I've ever had. I've had a 7280, two 7290s, two 8700s, three Pearls and now a Curve, and I've never had a defective RIM device. Where as Motorola's V series (V551, V3, etc) have a 17% defective rate, highest in the industry. Most other manufacturers have 1% or less, and I'm sure RIM is way below that.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Ive never owned a curve but I have been using cell phones since 1994 and I must admit that Blackberry is the better of what I have used. I won't touch anything moto ever or anything with windows os.

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I said that same thing about WinMo, until 6 was released. I recently spent a couple months with an HTC Excalibur and TyTn, and they were amazing, with the WinMo 6 upgrade. Obviously having WinMo doesn't mean anything about the hardware. HP iPaqs are crap in my experience, but HTC was amazing (ironic, seeing as HTC manufactures the iPaqs)
    --
    DTx
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have never had to return any of my BlackBerrys, or any other phones I have owned for that matter.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I had to DOA a Treo 680. Once. Thats it.
    --
    DTx
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i returned my curve because it had accumulated dust under the screen, other than that, sweet.

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

In these forums we mostly read about people having problems. The vast majority of BB users have no problems what so ever. All makes and models have problems. My experience is that for this type of device BB has the fewest problems and is the most stable!
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

dtx
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

thats a good point Dream Rider. People don't post "nothing's wrong. everything good...". The forums are here to solve problems, so thats what we hear about more than anything.
    --
    DTx
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Zach no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i went through 4 pearls. 2 were mechanical problems, sticky keys, broken battery cover, the other 2 were OS related, honestly they were probally fixable but I can get a replacement no ? Asked so why not...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have had 10 BlackBerry devices.

I have 1 RIM 950 which I got 5 years ago. Only 2 things wrong with it are that it needs a battery, and a serial cable cradle and updated software to convert it to a regular 950 (I got it for the AOL Mobile Communicator service). I still have that one.

I had 2 7730's. First one's radio died. Second one's signal was horrible.

I had 3 7100T's. First one's radio died also. 2nd one was returned late (4 months after I ordered it). Last one still works fine.

I had 2 7105T's. First one's USB port came loose and wouldn't hold a charge. I probably would still have it if I had known I could have had it repaired. 2nd one's trackwheel locked up. Same thing about this one or I would still have it.

My first Pearl shut down twice and wouldn't come back on the second time (I had already gone thru the wipe and restore process twice).

So far this one is acting right even though it has shut down twice.

Most people won't have that much bad luck but some do.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx
    I said that same thing about WinMo, until 6 was released. I recently spent a couple months with an HTC Excalibur and TyTn, and they were amazing, with the WinMo 6 upgrade. Obviously having WinMo doesn't mean anything about the hardware. HP iPaqs are crap in my experience, but HTC was amazing (ironic, seeing as HTC manufactures the iPaqs)
    I went thru the same thing with windows mobile. I had 3 HP iPAQ 6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition phones in 3 months due to weak sim card doors. I loved this phone otherwise.

I had 2 Dell Axim X50's that didn't survive being dropped from a nightstand by my bed.

Prior to all of this I had a Compaq Pocket PC 3835. It survived everything I put it thru.

That's my Windows Mobile experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast