Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by impak875 Once you have received the device you can then call into ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Once you have received the device you can then call into their customer service department and cancel the new line you just opened... no returning of the device... just so long as you close the new line within the initial 30 days... just did the same thing when I got my Bold, and my wife's Fuze
    Confused. Won't you be charged the full retail price then for the phones that you kept?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Confused. Won't you be charged the full retail price then for the phones that you kept?
    I wasn't... took me about a hour on the phone with a rep... did a line transfer to the account, took the phone I got off the new line put it on the moved existing line, then closed out the new... the rep said since I closed the account within the initial 30 days and still kept the phone on an existing line I would still get the sale price on the device... which BTW was free...

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Got it. I missed where you order the accessories from the first time Disregard my PM.

So, how do you like the 8900 so far?

I just got confirmation that my order was shipped and I will have it on Tuesday. In the email confirmation, they also sent me a rebate form. Not sure I could use that with the deal I got, but will certainly give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I do not mess with the MIR. I can not remember ever mailing it in.

I ordered my case and extra charger from RIM.
    Last edited by walds11; 05-23-2009 at 04:08 AM.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Greg, where did you order the OEM belt holsters with swivel clip? I also need a few miniUSB-microUSB charging adapter.

There are so many places to order accessories it is hard to not stumble on them. I prefer the OEM stuff as Sedio and other 3rd party accessories have always been a dissapointment to me.

I can say, again, that the OEM belt holster with swivel clip is WAY TOO TIGHT! I have stuffed mine with paper towel and hammered it into place to stretch the case but I have my doubt about it stretching it enough.

I do not know what RIM was thinking but I want to be able to slip the device out of the holster with ease and not have to pry it out. WTF RIM! Who ever they got to make them screwed up or they used the wrong device to measure! :cry:
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Svend no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Once you have received the device you can then call into their customer service department and cancel the new line you just opened... no returning of the device... just so long as you close the new line within the initial 30 days... just did the same thing when I got my Bold, and my wife's Fuze
    just to make sure, they won't charge me a cancelation fee? If not, thank you for the wonderful information

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Why would they not want the phone back if you got a discounted price for signing a two year contract? I would be a little careful here. I would think they want it back.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    I picked mine up today and love it so far, The only thing i didnt like was i had to pay retail but they only charged me 399.99 because they told me the wrong price on the phone, So i got a deal ( i quess)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You did get a deal, if 399.99 is a deal-lol. I was in the store Thurs and they said it would retail for 449.99.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I paid for mine 20.99 that's a deal...
    Yep I trade a 9500 (I had two) for a new AT&T 8900 (I have two now) paid 20.99 bucks for shipping and got it now is unlocked (for free) and rocking on TMobile too.
    Can get good deals if you know the right persons!!!

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Back to the Bold for me. The camera was nice but not nice enough to replace my Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry to hear that Greg. What were your negatives about it? I will keep you posted when I got mine on Tuesday.

Back to the Bold for me. The camera was nice but not nice enough to replace my Bold.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im still tempted to try this, but I know its going to be tough to beat my 9000.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Greg. What were your negatives about it? I will keep you posted when I got mine on Tuesday.

Not alot of negatives but anyone that owns or used a Bold, you will find it a small step back. For non-Bold users, it is a giant leap ahead. The camera is a big plus for me but there is a certin laggyness perceived from the slower processor.

For Bold users the screen and new OS will knock your socks off as the 8900 is a great upgrade.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

baoiey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm also excited about the new curve 8900 for At&t. I'm eligible for an upgrade, however I checked today here in Madison, WI and we dont' have them in yet. I may have to order online or something... I'm hoping this we be a little bit better than the 8310 that I currently have. But from what I've been hearing and watching (reviews on the internet) this phone seems to be awesome.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by baoiey View Post
    I'm also excited about the new curve 8900 for At&t. I'm eligible for an upgrade, however I checked today here in Madison, WI and we dont' have them in yet. I may have to order online or something... I'm hoping this we be a little bit better than the 8310 that I currently have. But from what I've been hearing and watching (reviews on the internet) this phone seems to be awesome.
    You are in for a big treat! The 8900 is like something from Star Trek compared to the 8310! You will love it. Keep checking your company/corp AT&T stores and if they do not have in the next few days order via the internet
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast