Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I was bored this afternoon and decided to call customer care to see what the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I was bored this afternoon and decided to call customer care to see what the best price they could give me for the 8900. I got a SUPER deal and I don't have to hassle with MIRs. Free shipping and should be here in 3-5 biz days.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I was lucky and have three phones on the family plan, two were good for upgade so I use one of them. You should not be dissapointed.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

I have two lines on a family talk plan. My wife's line is eligible, but I did not want to mess with it. I want to leave her line open for future use. Mine is eligible 11/2009. They were able to do an early upgrade on my line. Ready for the details....

They were able to give me the 8900 for $149 (drop dead price with no rebates, activation fees, shipping or anything). Good deal, eh?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by walds11; 05-22-2009 at 08:01 PM.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Sounds good, I do not have the patience and am more into instant satisfaction!

It is all good
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Yes, it is all good. I could of went to the store tonight or tomorrow morning to pick one up, but decided to go the customer care route because I got a super deal, $149 vs $299 less $100 MIR.

Svend no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, after being on the phone with mulitple At&T reps and store over here in Fort Gordon, Georgia, I finally managed to only get a hold of TWO AT&T employees who even knew what the phone was.

One of the people was the Business care professional and he said the phone was not available for any discounts or rebates. He gave me the price of $629.99!!!

I quickly and painfully turned that price down.

But, while jumping through some more hoops, I somehow ended up at the Premier AT&T Customer department.

They gave me a deal of $199.99 and a $50 MIR, but the catch.. I had to add a new line of service to my plan. Not that big of a deal for me since my Sister just cancelled her service.

All in all, anyway you do it, it seems like it's going to be a huge hassle to try to get this phone currently, from anywhere.

If anyone wants to post their experiences with this, it would be fun to read.

Svend, read my experience above, starting at post #16.

I have been waiting a long time for this. I have been a dedicated Pearl user for about 2 1/2 years and been waiting for slick, small form factor full QWERTY device with a decent camera, etc. I played with an 8900 in the T-Mobile a few times and fell in live. This could be it, although I hear rumors of a new Pearl

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    So, after being on the phone with mulitple At&T reps and store over here in Fort Gordon, Georgia, I finally managed to only get a hold of TWO AT&T employees who even knew what the phone was.

One of the people was the Business care professional and he said the phone was not available for any discounts or rebates. He gave me the price of $629.99!!!

I quickly and painfully turned that price down.

But, while jumping through some more hoops, I somehow ended up at the Premier AT&T Customer department.

They gave me a deal of $199.99 and a $50 MIR, but the catch.. I had to add a new line of service to my plan. Not that big of a deal for me since my Sister just cancelled her service.

All in all, anyway you do it, it seems like it's going to be a huge hassle to try to get this phone currently, from anywhere.

I can not believe that you are talking to someone in a AT&T company store and they quoted that price. Are you sure you are not talking to just an authorized dealer? They are/can be crooks.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Yes, it is all good. I could of went to the store tonight or tomorrow morning to pick one up, but decided to go the customer care route because I got a super deal, $149 vs $299 less $100 MIR.
    Sorry but the cost was not really a big consideration for me.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Svend no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I can not believe that you are talking to someone in a AT&T company store and they quoted that price. Are you sure you are not talking to just an authorized dealer? They are/can be crooks.
    I'm Pretty sure that is was a company cause i asked them multiple times, "what department is this?"

everytime they answered (two different reps) the said AT&T Business services or businessDirect.

they did transfer me over to CONSUMER services though, but they didn't even know what an 8900 was.

Oh, and to answer the other person who responding to my post, I wasn't eligible for an upgrade at this time. (but that was the first route i took)

Not really for me either, but I did want want to deal with the MIR.

Back on the subject of the tight OEM leather swivel holster. I had the same problem with OEM swivel holsters for my Pearls. A little stretching did the trick. I would put a remote control in the case overnight for a few nights. Kind of like breaking in a baseball glove. I guess I need to order an OEM swivel holster for my incoming 8900. Where did you order your's from?

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Sorry but the cost was not really a big consideration for me.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Not really for me either, but I did want want to deal with the MIR.

Back on the subject of the tight OEM leather swivel holster. I had the same problem with OEM swivel holsters for my Pearls. A little stretching did the trick. I would put a remote control in the case overnight for a few nights. Kind of like breaking in a baseball glove. I guess I need to order an OEM swivel holster for my incoming 8900. Where did you order your's from?
    I do not mess with the MIR. I can not remember ever mailing it in.

I ordered my case and extra charger from RIM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I went to my store, about 2pm, and asked about it, There were 2 people there, one said thats a tmobile phone i dont think we carry it.............

AArg the other guy said well it may be in the shipment that came in today, we havent looked..

Sure enough I was like well your supposed to, other store all over the us are lol, and here come the other guy from the back room with one...

he opended it up for me. I was thinking it looks nice but No mem card slot in the side and no 3g and was just a little to small for my hands...

I came back told the wife i decided on the bold so keep checking att website for the free refurb deal they have on certain days... (she has seen it 2 times before)

well anyway she decided to get me one for fathers day and it showed 199, well by the time she went to check out, it came back as being FREE.. just had to pay activation and upgraded the shiping for like 15$

NOT SURE HOW NOT SURE WHY but it will be here tuesday

SOme of you know my phone was stolen a while back, and i have been using a loaner for a while because i was waiting for my upgrade which was in march, but then i was waiting for the 8900 to come, and thats was today, but ha I spent half the morning debating over which one to get.. and it was going to be 199 either way for me..

Im glad i went for the 3g and more sturdy design and side load mem card
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Greg, where did you order the OEM belt holsters with swivel clip? I also need a few miniUSB-microUSB charging adapter.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    but the catch.. I had to add a new line of service to my plan. Not that big of a deal for me since my Sister just cancelled her service.

Once you have received the device you can then call into their customer service department and cancel the new line you just opened... no returning of the device... just so long as you close the new line within the initial 30 days... just did the same thing when I got my Bold, and my wife's Fuze

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast