I just installed OS 4.5 on my 8320 Curve. It bricked my phone for a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyeHustle no está en línea Stack level 1

Question White screen of death

Advertisement

I just installed OS 4.5 on my 8320 Curve. It bricked my phone for a while (completely dead with only a flashing red LED), but I managed to fix this eventually with a complete wipe and reinstall on OS 4.5.

Now, the problem I'm having is the screen fades into a white screen and freezes every time the BB does a soft reset. I have to do a battery pull to get it to restart after this. Anybody know what the problem could be and how to fix it?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    it sounds to me like something went a little funky in the installation of the OS
    I'd recommend a re-install in hopes that it will clear up anything that went wrong.

should work. maybe try a different 4.5 OS
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Wow

Oh nooo. I just added all my applications again and configured all my settings all over. There's no way I'm going to do that all over again. There must be a better solution than wiping and starting all over.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried a different theme, I really doubt thats it but give it a shot.

You honestly think the theme will fix the problem?

The phone works completely fine. The only problem is, it won't let any of the software perform a reset of the phone. For example, when deleting an application that requires a reboot, or when adding software through Blackberry Desktop Manager.

This is when instead of rebooting, the screen's fades slowly until it's all white and freezes with the white screen. I have to do a battery pull to get it going again. And with OS 4.5, the rebooting process takes a long time (like 3-4 min).

beLLa16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ugh! i did a battery pull and now my screen is stuck white... its dead... Help

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Hook your BB up to your computer, (with the battery removed) and run apploader, once apploader starts going through the process of reading and loading stuff to your phone, pop the battery back in.
    May help.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

beLLa16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thank you for your heLp , sometimes I'm ready to divorce my bb LoL
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Cherryberryz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Same happend to mine after pool water damage. Went away, now has returned. SOL.