Hey stackers, So I accidently dropped my phone in my drink ... it happens right? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pau5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    edgeUser

Which parts to keep and refurbish for a DEAD 8310?

Advertisement

Hey stackers,

So I accidently dropped my phone in my drink ...
    it happens right? lol I am left with my backup, 7290.

Well I'm not too sad about it, in fact I went to pick up 100% alcohol and get some refurbishing done.

Would anyone have any suggestions for what I could keep for potential use?

Cheers
    "to try and fail is a part of being successful"

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    did u try taking it apart first? i'd keep them all just incase. i have a box with about 30 cell phones/parts in it. save them for a rainy day. plus, with you dropping it in i'm assuming alcohol its kinda hard to tell because you cant tell whats damaged

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can keep just about anything, except for what's internal. I mean, the housing, the rubber pieces on the side and the trackball are all things you could keep.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Wow. I cant even imagine how much that sucks! Did it actually trip any stickers under the battery? It could be savable with alcohol, q-tips, and a bit of patience. I've seen it done, before.

If all hope fails... I mean you COULD do what Andy Milonakis did... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj861jIoFw

..but I think trying to clean it is something I would do. funny thing about water damage is, it may start working when you clean everything, but it also may come back without warning.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes!

pau5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    edgeUser

funny

Quote Originally Posted by jayeverette View Post
    Wow. I cant even imagine how much that sucks! Did it actually trip any stickers under the battery? It could be savable with alcohol, q-tips, and a bit of patience. I've seen it done, before.

If all hope fails... I mean you COULD do what Andy Milonakis did... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj861jIoFw

..but I think trying to clean it is something I would do. funny thing about water damage is, it may start working when you clean everything, but it also may come back without warning.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes!

haha that kid was funny,

yeah i just saw the video of disassembling the 8300 unit. pretty cool, gonna try it myself.

yea it was ice tea that i placed my phone into at the centre cupholder <=( swt sticky ice tea. darn it you are all wondering where was the lid? haha

well i looked at the back of the board of the phone and some areas indicates liquid damage because they are red.
    "to try and fail is a part of being successful"

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?