View Poll Results: What 8300 Curve OS are you using?

Voters
162. Register free to vote on this poll
  • O2 - 4.2.2.76

15 9.26%
  • Rogers - 4.2.2.89

14 8.64%
  • ATT - 4.2.2.89

82 50.62%
  • TMobile - 4.2.2.94

17 10.49%
  • A1 - 4.2.2.114

2 1.23%
  • Bharti - 4.2.2.114

2 1.23%
  • Optus - 4.2.2.114

30 18.52%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I got the 8320 and currently using the latest one from tmobile 4.2.2.171... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Which OS are you using?

Advertisement

I got the 8320 and currently using the latest one from tmobile 4.2.2.171

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there something wrong with the Singapore OS? That's what I'm using but I don't see that any of you are using that one.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nelsong
    Is there something wrong with the Singapore OS? That's what I'm using but I don't see that any of you are using that one.
    I've been using the Singapore Telecom version since it was released, and it's been great for me. Faster UI / responsiveness moving from screen to screen - especially noticeable when using a Today theme. I believe it's caching the icon images for a change - or doing it better than prior versions: the very first time after boot up that I move from the Today screen to the Icon view there's a bit of a lag - but every time thereafter the change is quick (indicating that the images are likely cached on the first transition). Seems very stable. Excellent battery life with this (seems better than prior version for me), memory management seems good.

The reason your not seeing a lot of people talking about this is that many of the posts recently have been about the 8320 - new version released by T-Mobile, with built-in WiFi / UMA (hotspot@home). The 8300 (no WiFi or GPS built in), the 8310 (GPS built in) and the 8320 (WiFi built in) all require their own version of the OS - they are NOT interchangeable. The versions currently available for the 3 flavors of the Curve as close, but not identical, and they all have slightly different minor version and/or build numbers.

Anyway - if you have an 8300 (not 8310 or 8320), I highly recommend the Singapore Telecom version of the OS. Been great for me.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Which OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    I've been using the Singapore Telecom version since it was released, and it's been great for me. Faster UI / responsiveness moving from screen to screen - especially noticeable when using a Today theme. I believe it's caching the icon images for a change - or doing it better than prior versions: the very first time after boot up that I move from the Today screen to the Icon view there's a bit of a lag - but every time thereafter the change is quick (indicating that the images are likely cached on the first transition). Seems very stable. Excellent battery life with this (seems better than prior version for me), memory management seems good.

Anyway - if you have an 8300 (not 8310 or 8320), I highly recommend the Singapore Telecom version of the OS. Been great for me.
    Thanks for the info. I recieved my 8300 last week and the first thing I did was the upgrade to the Singapore Telecom OS. I did try out the OS it came with and it was a bit slow, speacially going from the today to icon view.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nelsong
    Thanks for the info. I recieved my 8300 last week and the first thing I did was the upgrade to the Singapore Telecom OS. I did try out the OS it came with and it was a bit slow, speacially going from the today to icon view.
    Good choice. The improvement in speed switching from Today to Icon view - and having this remain fast between reboots, is one of the keys illustrating that they did, in fact, make some improvements in this version. It's been excellent so far. Looking forward to 4.3 when it finally surfaces!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i am running Vodaphone 4.2.2.176 on my Crimson Curve...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

jferg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405D8A0

the new singapore telecom

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

singapore telecom 4.2.2.173 just upgraded today
    Michael

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Any idea what the little yellow icon is just under and to the right of the clock on the home screen? It looks like some yellow raindrop or something with a red mark through it... I have no clue and can't really see it that well. (this is on the new singapore OS, wasn't previously on .89)

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm using 4.2.2.171 since I'm new to the Blackberry world, it doesnt seem as slow as everyone does. But then again I usually get my upgrades for phones through Tmobile cause I have no knowledge on what the other 4.2 upgrades do

brustein no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgraded yesterday.
    AT&T - 4.2.2.89

yoshiod9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2412ee3b

att 4.2.2.89

i am dying for 4.3!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

.184 for the 8320

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

I had a problem with my alt and enter key not working so I upgraded to the 184 and that seems to help. I don't think anything changed as far as the software but it fixed my alt key and enter key which was showing b$ everytime I pressed them.
    ]

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm using AT&T 4.2.2.166.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast