View Poll Results: What 8300 Curve OS are you using?

Voters
162. Register free to vote on this poll
  • O2 - 4.2.2.76

15 9.26%
  • Rogers - 4.2.2.89

14 8.64%
  • ATT - 4.2.2.89

82 50.62%
  • TMobile - 4.2.2.94

17 10.49%
  • A1 - 4.2.2.114

2 1.23%
  • Bharti - 4.2.2.114

2 1.23%
  • Optus - 4.2.2.114

30 18.52%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

where do you get the t-mobile os for the curve?... BlackBerry Curve forum

8100man no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Which OS are you using?

Advertisement

where do you get the t-mobile os for the curve?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

TMobile UK version with TMo US service?

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    T-Mobile US doesnt have one yet.

You will have to download it from T-MO UK:
    http://updateservice.t-mobile.net/bl...%2FRIM+Devices

They Have two versions, one is the same as Optus, and the other is one higher than ATT
    Has anyone tried the T-Mobile UK version(s) with T-Mobile US BIS service? Does this get you the T-Mobile US service books and icons for email and both standard T-Mobile US browsers (Internet and T-Zones)?

That would be great, as most of using using Curves on T-Mobile US have to us the O2 OS version in order to see the browsers...

Anyone?

....also: how download from here without a UK username / password?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by davistld01
    v4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

Ok...so every poster (or almost) so far is running a different OS version. Why is this, and what is the most recent?
    I would think the most recent would be further defined by ones carrier as well as device.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: TMobile UK version with TMo US service?

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Has anyone tried the T-Mobile UK version(s) with T-Mobile US BIS service? Does this get you the T-Mobile US service books and icons for email and both standard T-Mobile US browsers (Internet and T-Zones)?

That would be great, as most of using using Curves on T-Mobile US have to us the O2 OS version in order to see the browsers...

Anyone?
    I tried it still no browser

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by gabesir
    does the tmobile from germany bring a browser/???
    and where can i get it??
    I'm sorry but no, i've tried it myself.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

I'm currently installing the newest one from smartone Vodafone.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

The most recent...4.2.2.146

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    I'm currently installing the newest one from smartone Vodafone.
    @flash24: I had just about talked myself into trying the hybrid experiment we've been chatting about: using the "net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod" file from the O2 version, and all the other files from a newer version, but I did a bit more homework, and I'm convinced that I wouldn't get away with it. I'm looking right now at "PkgDBCache.xml" (also one of the OS files), and among other things, there's an entry for each and every file that's part of the package, along with a hash name for each one (looks like 32 characters) and a file size as well. My guess is that this is consulted when an OS is loaded as the first step by the bootstrap loader: probably makes sure all the files that are needed are there, and that they're the right ones.

Conceivable that this file itself could be manipulated by merging segments from another version, but this gets riskier and messier with each step.

At this point, I don't know if it would be possible to swap in the single COD file (sbinjector) with a different OS version and still have things work, and I'm less inclined to spend 2 hours experimenting after seeing this...

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    @flash24: I had just about talked myself into trying the hybrid experiment we've been chatting about: using the "net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod" file from the O2 version, and all the other files from a newer version, but I did a bit more homework, and I'm convinced that I wouldn't get away with it. I'm looking right now at "PkgDBCache.xml" (also one of the OS files), and among other things, there's an entry for each and every file that's part of the package, along with a hash name for each one (looks like 32 characters) and a file size as well. My guess is that this is consulted when an OS is loaded as the first step by the bootstrap loader: probably makes sure all the files that are needed are there, and that they're the right ones.

Conceivable that this file itself could be manipulated by merging segments from another version, but this gets riskier and messier with each step.

At this point, I don't know if it would be possible to swap in the single COD file (sbinjector) with a different OS version and still have things work, and I'm less inclined to spend 2 hours experimenting after seeing this...
    Goodluck man and PM me if you find something interesting. Thanks, your a brave one

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

AWWW lame. I was hoping to update to a newer OS but it doesnt look like you can with tmobile yet.

My curve seems slow. I'm not sure why.
    I have a microSD for photos, etc.. and have removed everything from the phone I possibly can.

I'm curious if maybe it is due to the vodaphone today theme? Is anyone else using it? I have to do a battery pull at least 3 times a day and its so annoying.

Is anyone getting working MMS with an unlocked curve using tmobile + o2 ?
    Is anyone getting working MMS with an unlocked curve using tmobile with ANY os?

Maybe we should just make a "tmobile users with unlocked curves" thread so we can seperate all of this lol.

Yeah - frustrating re: the OS for use with T-Mobile. I'd like to be able to use the latest versions as they come out, but I don't want to give up my T-Mobile browsers, which are now working so well.

Not sure why your Curve would be so slow. I DID notice, a couple of days ago when I checked Status, that free memory was way low. I did a battery pull and restarted, and it came back to about 14MB and change again. But it you have to do battery pulls 3 times a day, something is wrong - sounds like a memory leak.

I'm not using the Vodaphone theme - I've been using BB Dimension Today (with a different wallpaper) - and it works well. The home screen is a bit laggy, but I think this is because the Today themes have live code updating the home theme, so it has to monitor email, phone logs and calendar, but it's really not bad - runs very well overall.

I'm also running BBWeather, Beyond411, InfoSpace FindIt!, Yahoo!Go, Google Mas, Maufait and Viigo, and I leave bluetooth turned on around the clock. I have BBWeather and Viigo updating every couple of hours, overall, everything is running fine.

Re: MMS: yes - works fine for me with T-Mobile and the O2 OS. Only issue I noticed is a size limitation, although I don't know where the cutoff is. When I first tried to send a large high res picture, it never got there - tried this three times. Then I dropped size and resolution, and the MMS msg sailed right through without a problem. I suspect it's a gateway limitation set by T-Mobile on size.

Re: separate discussion for T-Mobile with unlocked Curve" - I agree 100% - that's THE subject I come here to read about and discuss 97% of the time. Let's have a separate thread (sticky perhaps?)!

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

vin! thanks for all the great info. I dont have much 3rd party on my curve. I use beyond411, opera and kaglom (game). I also use blackberry messenger alot.

Do you have any luck receiving MMS or just sending? I don't seem to have any luck either way, but will try dropping the photo size down and see if that works.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Upgraded to Voda OS about 2 weeks ago. Running smooth.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    vin! thanks for all the great info. I dont have much 3rd party on my curve. I use beyond411, opera and kaglom (game). I also use blackberry messenger alot.

Do you have any luck receiving MMS or just sending? I don't seem to have any luck either way, but will try dropping the photo size down and see if that works.
    K -

Re: send/receive question: I just snapped a picture and sent it via MMS to myself. Worked perfectly, so it would appear that I can send and receive. In my camera, the settings were for 640x480 with "normal" quality. I'd like to do full-size shots at higher quality, but for now this is OK for the ones I sent to send via MMS. For better quality photos, I'll transfer them back home using desktop mgr. Good luck!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast