Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I am a current Pearl owner and lover and would really like to hear from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Which do you prefer? Curve or Pearl?

Advertisement

I am a current Pearl owner and lover and would really like to hear from all you ex-pearl owners who switched over to the Curve.Would you still switch to the Curve? Why or why not? Thanks!

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Which do you prefer? Curve or Pearl?

I bought my first pearl last november 2006 i had no problems till march i had to get a new device because my microphone was muting out that was #1 Disadvantage i had. I am still having a problem on my new device. I have go through 2 black pearls and 2 white pearls. I havent got my second white pearl yet but its coming this week sometime #2 I love the full keyboard much easyer to type and way faster. I am having a feel thats the software on the pearls arent that good. I dont know what they where thinking when they made this device thats why the pearls are selling for cheaper on a 3 year term for rogers $200 today its going down for $99 Canada Day Special on Red and White Pearls. I say switch the the Curve you will love it.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I had the Pearl for a long time and was quite used to sure type. The Curve is an upgrade to the pearl. The keyboard, music player, camera, and screen size are upgrades, IMHO. Also, I think the browser works better, not sure if that is true or it is just a better operating system. I have nothing against the Pearl, in fact I loved it. I just love the Curve more.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Definitely an upgrade to me - hated Suretype!!!

As noted above, media plyr - camera are big time updates... and the increase in screen real estate is immeasurable... reading emails and not need to scroll constantly is a joy

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

still prefer the Curve
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

If I had to choose if leaving Nextel I would take the Curve any day.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

I would go for the Curve, I believe it had a higher speed processor, better camera, better media processor and from my experience with the 8830 the size of the Curve would not be an issue with most users. The full keyboard is worth it.

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

To my knowledge, the Curve doesn't have a higher speed processor. It is the same processor used for all the recent BB models.
    Anyway, I've been holding on to my Pearl since the release of AT&T Curve. I'd be lying if I didn't think about buying it unlocked. I'd say I was debating about letting my Pearl go.

When it comes to comparing my Pearl with AT&T version Curve, I would constantly debate with no answers until there is a new model coming out.
    However, now that I know TMO Curve is rolling out in Sept, I would go and buy one with no hesitation at all.
    After looking at all the features that the TMO Curve has..... now you can call that an upgrade from the Pearl.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I love the curve! I had the pearl and lovedit, but the sure type was getting on my nerves! I am loving the curve!!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Stackers Thanks for all the replies and reviews! I am with AT & T now on the pearl. I seem to be hearing that the ATT version is different from an upcoming release from t mobile. Is that right? Should I wait for a new release? Will it be compatible with cingular/att carriers?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

lisa - you will be able to buy the newer (and most speculated) curve and use it on the ATT network, after you unlock it. if the added (and still speculated) features are important to you, then i would wait. (curve vs. curve)

the curve for me, is less hand cramping...seriously.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

I started with an 8700 and then went to a Pearl. I loved the small form-factor, but never really got used to the SureType style and the screen felt really cramped. I couldn't order the Curve fast enough when it appeared on AT&T Premiere because of the QWERTY keyboard. Bonus that it plays WAV file attachments which is where my work phone voicemails go.

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I prefer the Curve because of the keyboard. Even though I was pretty good and fast using the suretype of my previous Pearl, it was hard to type non-English words so I gladly switched to my Curve.
    8900-user
    DocGo

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i personally perfer both. the pearl is like my throw around bb. its nice and small and compact. i throw it in my breif case or my pocket. and its like my rag doll bb. lol i have the 8800 and the curve and the pearl. trying to narrow it down to one but i love them all.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

If you want to weigh in on the poll I started to vote on the pearl vs the curve, you can do so here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...arl_curve.html

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast