View Poll Results: Which Curve is the Best?

Voters
621. Register free to vote on this poll

229 36.88%

82 13.20%

310 49.92%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 Thats what I thought! So why the heck do you need ... BlackBerry Curve forum

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Which Curve is the best?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
    Thats what I thought! So why the heck do you need this feature?
    What computers/laptops DON'T have WiFi and who uses MODEMS anymore?

I would say this feature is a non factor to me...its not useful at all.
    Can you use your WiFi connection on your laptop while in a car or while traveling to a place that doesn't have a WiFi access point? You can use the BB as a modem to get connected anywhere with cell service.

dgy2k1 no está en línea Stack level 3

My 8300 is the best. Happy with what I have.

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I had wifi and gps on my 8820, after the novelty had worn of i hardly used either, i've now got an 8300 because it suits my needs perfectly, that is the answer to the question the best curve is the one that best suits YOUR needs, no-one else's just YOURS.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I could not agree more! It's truly a matter of personal opinion. After all the BlackBerry models I've had, looking back, they have all been exceptional when compared to the competition. From there it's simply up to each person to chose the one they prefer.

~via RED BB 8310~ (wap.pinstack.com)~

gator2418 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BDDBF

I would say 8310.......The wifi is good but if you are not ina wifi area... wifi not a factor
    " GROWN MAN GADGET"
    " WATCHA YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT"
    PIN# 249F0817

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Thanks to google maps 2.0 beta, my 8320 can be a "GPS wannabe" device"

It works great!

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

Yeah but with T-mobile "my location" should really be "only tower".

KimKaze no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 old school

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

... and the debate rages on, huh? In 2 - 3 months, no one will want either... Ha! New kid will be on da block

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nabitheking View Post
    How about a comparison between 2 cases...

A. 8320... What else do I need to make my phone perfect?
    A-ha a GPS receiver that I can just buy anywhere!

B. 8310... How can I make my phone perfect?
    Hmm... anyone know where I can buy um.. some sort of Bluetooth WIFI enabled device for 8310?

The decision is strickly yours!!!
    Well, maybe the upcoming transflash micro sd wifi card might, i repeat, MIGHT......,offer the 8310 wifi capabilities.

BTW: I also say the 8320 due to the free over WiFi calling and not using my minutes at available HotSpot locations and i have many around my job, Bryant Park to be one of them.

FiveStarr no está en línea Stack level 2

Hands down the 8320!!! Ok I'm biased because that's my current BB to date.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

8310. wifi is pretty useless on a phone for me. it's not any faster than edge, just ask a iphone owner or go ahead and check the video on boy genius that shows a at&t edge curve loads faster than a tmo wifi curve. no wonder that tmo wanted the wifi, even with that they can't keep up lol. i also could care less about free calls, i rarely use my minutes it's all data and texting and that's covered with my plan.

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8310, I guess, haven't met the others.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    8310. wifi is pretty useless on a phone for me. it's not any faster than edge, just ask a iphone owner or go ahead and check the video on boy genius that shows a at&t edge curve loads faster than a tmo wifi curve. no wonder that tmo wanted the wifi, even with that they can't keep up lol. i also could care less about free calls, i rarely use my minutes it's all data and texting and that's covered with my plan.

I wish people really understood the nature of the wifi. Everyone keeps using this video as a comparison of speed, but when you know the nature of wifi, this isn't a fair across the board comparison. We don't know the speed of the ISP connection that was used (maybe they purposely left this out to skew the result) and we don't know the skip trace of the route to know how many hops the internet connection took before reaching the RIM servers (as each hop adds delay). People are constantly comparing the direct connection (with a best 1 to 2 hops through the provider's wireless) to an unknown route taken as the ISP data was left out. Also the tests with a good connection and the iphone wifi blows away the edge connection (and that is a proven test, but oncde again mosta are adding several hoops and connections which slows the speed).
    For me the 8320 is the best (especially with the new google maps, as GPS is more accurate, but not needed to get a rough estimation). If using a browser such as Opera better results are received as they are not going through the RIM servers, just a direct hop to the site desired,

For me the 8320 is much better, but these tests aren't fair as even AT$T EDGE speeds are faster then T-Mo (they upgraded just before the Iphone release). Nobody compares the prices either in these comparisons. With a huge discount (that most won't qualify for) my setup with AT$T was about the same price as T-Mo (it was higher though), and I received lots less minutes (and that is not including the unlimited H@H that I have just the plan included), I got no insurance through AT$T, and the CS was loads behind the service I have received with T-Mo, and I am comapring like to like.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

comparing best case isn't really realistic considering that most of the time you're not going to be in best-case situations. the phones were next to each other in an office building, a common place for people to be using a phone. considering that it was done by a tech review site i have a hard time believing that they would have sub-par internet connections in order to purposely skew the results. if you watch the video the reviewer is absolutely flabbergasted that the edge was faster than wifi as well. considering how great everyone thinks wifi is i also highly doubt that they would purposely make a video showing that it's not as good as people think. you're nitpicking issues that in reality aren't relevant. people aren't asking about data transfer rates and hops before stealing someone's wifi signal and browsing the internet.

as for the iphone issue, i know a number of people with that phone. it's horrible. even on wifi the internet is a lot slower than my bb on edge (both my old pearl and my curve now). i also recently saw a comparison of transfer speeds with various phones. it took the iphone 23 minutes to transfer 4gb of data and it took a curve 6 minutes. that's a phone issue not a network one.

price. yes tmo is cheaper. great. the service isn't all that great though. i would rather pay a little more and actually be able to use my phone when i want to than save some money and not have service. and again, i know people on tmo and they are always complaining about call quality being poor and lack of service. great they have good customer service and cheap prices, but that comes with a price. i'd go back to verizon before going to tmo based solely on service. this could be due to my area, but metro ny generally has pretty good service on all carriers. of the ones here, tmo has shown to be the least reliable.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast