So I tried to clean my trackball. Needless to say I had a hard time ... BlackBerry Curve forum

x0x0x0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Where to buy new trackball?

Advertisement

So I tried to clean my trackball. Needless to say I had a hard time putting it back together and lost the ball and ruined the metal thing.

Where can I buy a new trackball with everything, not just the ball?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinSack, x0x0x0!

You can get trackballs from several sources, including www.cnn.cn and www.dealsishop.com.

You can probably also find them on eBay, but I'd start with the first two. Keep in mind cnn.cn is in China, so shipping times will be lengthy.

I bought a trackball off amazon. Is it possible that it will come with the whole setup?

I paid roughly like $12 for two trackballs, including shipping.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used to buy them on ebay. $1.99 free shipping. Do a search and include US sellers only.

Quote Originally Posted by miltw3 View Post
    I used to buy them on ebay. $1.99 free shipping. Do a search and include US sellers only.
    I already purchased two off amazon. I will use ebay in the future because $1.99 and free shipping is cheaper than $10 for 2.

The thing that sucks is I'm without the use of my blackberry until they come.

I just checked on ebay and I didn't find any that were not $4+. I'm also looking for a pink ball, but I want a kind of specific pink. I've seen some that are pinky purple for like $4 and some that are light pink for like $8 and I like the light pink better. I also don't wanna spend $8 on another trackball when I have two already coming.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Not sure what carrier and what device you have, but I have read that some carriers will replace the trackball for you at the store for free. You should give the carrier store near you a call or visit and ask about it.

Well I have a blackberry curve. I think it's the 8300 model or the 8330 model.

The problem with going to the store is I bought it off craigslist because I didn't wanna up my plan for 2 more years. It's an unlocked AT&T phone and I have T-Mobile as my carrier.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here's one for the Curve - $2.69 free shipping! http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-8330-...item3a5caf30dc

The pink one would definitely cost more. Like pdxmatts suggested, I would try the store for a temporary one until your pink one arrives. T-mobile was going to give my wife a free one until they gave her a free phone on Father's Day.

I don't think that will matter as long as you are a TMO customer and take it to a TMO store. TMO doesn't have a problem with people using unlocked phones with their service. I use my iPhone on TMO and they set up data service for me and said enjoy your iPhone

I'll go to the TMO store then.

Will they defiantly have a trackball for me to use? The closest one is like 20 minutes away and I don't wanna drive all the way there and then them not have any.

My trackballs should be arriving tomorrow or the next day hopefully.

When you get your trackballs, I would give them a call and tell them that you have a trackball assembly and would they put it in for you. That way you would know for sure before driving all that way.

I already went to the store and they had trackballs. I actually got one.

Cool! Did they get it all fixed up for you?