How does one access the ADDRESS BOOK in the BB 8300? Every approach I take ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rob1960 no está en línea Stack level 2

Where is the ADDRESS BOOK?

Advertisement

How does one access the ADDRESS BOOK in the BB 8300? Every approach I take to see the list of contacts on my phone, I get a message: Go to ADDRESS BOOK and look in Menu. But I can't find any mode called ADDRESS BOOK.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Where is the ADDRESS BOOK?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You don't have an icon on your homescreen called address book? I'm sorry -- I'm still a little confused at what you are trying to do?

I do have the icon called ADDRESS BOOK. I select it, and press the options button again,and it tells me to go to the address book and select menu. I feel like the dog chasing his tail.

I've been trying for two days to transfer my contacts into this new address book uising the syncronization function. I want to see inside the address book to see how many, if any, contacts transferred over.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Select it and press the TrackBall. I don't know what you are calling the Options button but to open an application requires one of three things. Clicking the TrackBall while the Icon is highlighted, pressing the enter key with the Icon Highlighted or for QWERTY Devices, pressing the Shortcut letter for the Application with Dial From Home Screen disabled. For the Address book, the shortcut key is "A".

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sorry to be so much trouble, but this thing just isn't working. I do select the AB icon, and just about every time I get a different screen. But no where do I get a list of names.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

rob, i know rich has been trying to help you with transferring the contacts...have you completed that step yet?

I thought I had made a syncronized transfer. That is what I was tring to confirm or deny, in looking for the address book. But I've been very uncertain each step of the way, that I was doing each step correctly. I'm afraid I have big gaps in my knowledge and understanding of this sort of technology. My previous cell phone was pretty basic. I've never used any sort of palm pilot, blackberry, or similar device. Every source I try to read or inquire about seems to make the assumption I have more general technical knowledge than I actually do. I'm retirement age, but still working. And this blackberry is for my work.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Perhaps do you have Outlook? or one of the other PIM applications that run on a PC. And if it's for work, was it provided by your IT Department?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

tj2311111 Guest

Wait so when you highlight the address book on the homescreen (scroll over to the Address Book icon) and press the trackball, it doesn't work?

Will Outlook Express work? If so, is there any way I could import my CVS [Excell] list into OE? The CVS file is the one I've edited to the exact way I need it.. with email addresses as well as phone numbers.

My work is the property management of 117 rental units my son and I own. We don't have an IT dept.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, it will sync with outlook express and I believe that Outlook Express can Import a CVS File also. That is probably the best way to go. I know that Outlook can import them, but I haven't worked with Outlook Express in Ages so won't be able to help much there.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer