Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for input on buying my first BB 8300 curve. Was wondering where is the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

slider8300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3058d9fc

Where is the best place to buy 8300 curve

Advertisement

Looking for input on buying my first BB 8300 curve. Was wondering where is the best place to buy from online or local stores. I can't wait so it will have to be somewhere that is reliable and ships ontime as promised.

Thanks in advance

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Where is the best place to buy 8300 curve

From my experience. I would buy from a local store.
    you may pay a little more than online, the biggest plus point on this would be for any problem encountered.
    if you buy online it may be hard to get a replacement.
    you buy at a local storefront and you have better odds of getting it replaced right then and there.
    just my opinion and with how all electronics are these days, it's your best bet!
    Last edited by kayos72; 05-29-2007 at 10:30 PM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

The best place is your local AAT store Thursday the 29th!

BGR Curve Release on ATT

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Slider,
    I must agree with kayos. not because I work for ATT, but because of the reasons listed. Definitely the right choice. It just makes it easier on you in case anything happens to go wrong. Good luck with your choice and take care.

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I have heard horror stories about people buying on line but at the same time I have heard great sucess stories. My personal preference is buying at the store. If you get bad service you can always go to the next store down the block .

chuckstan no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The best place to buy a Curve is someplace in say, September.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstan
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The best place to buy a Curve is someplace in say, September.
    Like anybody that peruses this site on a regular basis can wait until September. Maybe for wifi.
    PIN - 24053627

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Im currently using the BB8800 and I'm very much interested in getting the BB Curve, the only hindrance is my location. I am from the Philippines and got my BB8800 in Hong Kong. Is there a way that I can directly order from RIM? I hope you guys can give me advice on this... Thanks and more power
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

The best place to buy it was last week on Amazon when they were paying you $75 to take a 2 year plan on AT&T.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Looks like if you work for a large business customer the best place is the AT&T Premier web site, otherwise Amazon seems to have the best deal.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

I've had my curve for about 3 weeks now but thought about returning it and saving money with Amazon. Had a long discussion with a friend who works at AT&T and he said they do not price match with Amazon. He also said you would need two contracts as opposed to the one with AT&T. I think he said Wirefly or something like that was the carrier. He alluded to them being sued for failure to pay rebates--and rebates are a major portion of Amazon's price advantage. Just sounded like a big risk--I'll let it ride with AT&T.

Purchasing my curve from Amazon and activating it last week was a breeze. The carrier is AT&T. I'm not sure where his wirefly information came up, that is a seperate cell phone company--not a carrier. Only AT&T has the 8300 right now.

And to clarify about the rebates on Amazon--that was also easy to handle though they don't advertise in the package they send you or over email on how to redeem your amazon Rebate. I did do some research after c3po25 asked me over PM (as I had been putting it off myself) Here's the reply I sent him--could be useful to some of you:

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter
    Hey there,

They really don't advertise how to redeem your rebate, do they?

I searched and found that amazon's rebates are handled by this site RebateHQ. You need the email address on your amzon account and the order number from your curve purchase.

http://www.rebateshq.com/promocenter...mo_search.html

You fill out that form and enter your address and voila, apparently they send you the money. It didn't email me to tell me it was going through but i'm assuming it worked ok.

good luck.

rob
    You might try emailing amazon in the meantim
    Quote Originally Posted by c3po25
    hi, did you get a chance to save the rebate?? I just went ot the site and the rebate is no longer there. was just wondering if you have a copy and you can send to me if all possible. thanks!!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Amazon is at 0.01 right now with AT&T number.
    Have it sent next day for $18.00.
    Now the following, depends what your personal ethical level is...
    Receive the phone.
    Cancel the AT&T service (within 3 days of order)
    Pay 16.95 on eBay for the unlock code, delivered typically between 1 -12 hrs.
    In the mean time, load the OS you want, use the unlock code, put in your Tmobile sim....

Now, Amazon at its discretion can bill either $250 or 0 depending on what computer you pop up on or the discretion of the Amazon customer service.
    $250 for the phone isn't too bad a price at worst case either....
    Again, just depends on what you moral code allows you to follow. I will now retire from my devil's advocate soapbox...

Zipped, that's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of. I don't believe there is an ethical question involved here so much as a burden of labor. If you break amazon's required rules and are willing to pay the penalty then it is their responsibility to enforce it.

However, AT&T also has a $180 plan termination fee. As far as I know you can't buy the curve from Amazon without agreeing to a two year plan.

So the combined cost of both may make this as expensive as buying the phone outright anyway.Tpinstack.com)~

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually, your contract is with Amazon for the phone, AT&T for the service. The phone is being sold by a 3rd party retailer.
    If you cancel within 3 days, (call AT&T) you do not pay anything, no activation fee, air time, ETF, etc. After 3 days you may get stuck with the activation fee and any call time you use up to 30 days. No early termination fee at this point either. It is called the buyer remorse contract.
    When you advise AT&T you are canceling, just let them know you didn't like the reception, etc, have sent the phone back, and they take care of it immediately.

At this point it is up to you what you want to do with Amazon...roll them dice!
    Either way, the phone is either a great buy or a fabulous buy.
    Last edited by zipped; 07-02-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast