My application list is suddenly empty except for 2 programs I added after the list ... BlackBerry Curve forum

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Where did the Applications go?

Advertisement

My application list is suddenly empty except for 2 programs I added after the list "unpopulated". So when I got to Options then Advanced Options then Applications the list is no longer there. The same thing happens now when I go to the Desktop Manager , i.e all of my applications are there but are now unchecked. The 8310 does indeed have all the apps on it and they work but the apps don't seem to be detected. The only other abberation I noticed is that when I install an ota I no longer have to change the permission to allowed (it defaults to allowed). Obviously I messed up some setting. Can anyone help me remedy this? I have the most current software (DM 4.3 and device software 4.2.2.194). I did try resetting the Firewall settings but that did not help. I also reinstalled the OS onto the 8310 and deleted the Vendor file.
    Thanks

This is driving me crazy.....please someone must have an idea what to do....

Another plea for help...Disappearing list of Apps

PLEASE someone help me with this problem I described above. The Application list on my 8310 is EMPTY! The BB is no longer listing the apps that are still on my BB and are still working.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Are they hidden?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie View Post
    Are they hidden?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No they are all visible on the Home Screen and work normally.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    I dont think Ive ever seen that. have you tried a hard reset on your BB, take out the battery, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, replace the battery?

Thank you. No one else has even made a suggestion of what to try. I think I messed things up when I changed some setting related to installing FileLock. I will copy and paste below a copy of the recommendations I followed. The problem is that I did not copy the default settings first and do not know how to restore those defaults.
    If I do that Hard reset what happens? DO I lose my data or programs or settings?

I found the reason everyone is being prompted to lock a file. Its a permission setting. Only do this if your app is installed and is prompting you everytime your lock a file. If you are freshly installing the app for the very first time skip to the vey bottom paragraph

Go to: Options>Advanced Options>Applications>FileLock. You will now be at the File Lock Properties screen.

Hit Menu>Edit Permissions. Here you will need to expand the CONNECTION, INTERACTIONS, USER DATA tabs.

Match the settings to this guide.

CONNECTIONS: Custom
    USB.................... Allow
    Bluetooth............. Allow
    Phone................. Prompt
    GPS.................... Prompt
    Carrier Internet..... Allow

INTERACTIONS: Custom
    Interprocess Communtications
    ...........................Allow
    Modify Device Set. Allow
    Module Manage..... Allow
    Keystroke inj......... Deny
    Browser Filt........... Deny
    Theme Data Inj. .....Allow
    Screen Capture...... Deny
    Security Timer R..... Deny

USER DATA: Allow
    Allow all fields

Note: each device is different so if an option isn't in my guide just allow it.

Save and exit

Now run the filelock app. Once you start the app you will be prompted at a connection screen. You need to check the FIRST BOX ONLY! then click allow this connection. And it should be fixed. I succesfully did it on a 8310
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 03-31-2008 at 02:24 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I did that before I ever posted. I just downgraded my OS and now when I connect to DM it only sees the same 2 apps that are in the applications choice of Advanced Options (Options>Advanced Options, Applications). The 2 that are listed were installed after the problem started. I am afraid to run the App Loader because it is only seeing 2 out of MANY apps I have. Please help. Right now my PC has 4.2.2.184 and the 8310 has 4.2.2.194