just got a new laptop, went to put some pictures on it from my curve, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hollyxdolly no está en línea Stack level 2

where are all my pictures?!

Advertisement

just got a new laptop, went to put some pictures on it from my curve, but when i plugged the phone in and got the folder up, the laptop said that it had found 'unsafe' files or something and said it would put them in a folder called 'found'... now, when i look in my media file [even after i've taken the battery out] i've only got about ten pictures there. however, the pictures are still there, i can see them on the pc, just not on my blackberry.
    this hasn't effected my music... what's happened and how can i fix it?

oh and another problem - possibly a laptop related one - when viewing the pictures folder on my blackberry, not all of the thumbnails show and if i want to view some pictures, i have to do the whole 'select program from list' thing. what's this about :s

okay, the files that aren't showing up whatsoever are files with a ~ in their name... most files just aren't showing up on my blackberry anyway, about 15 out of 250. about 60 are showing up on my laptop. is this a blackberry thing or a vista thing or what? any suggestions? thanks in advance, guys.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What BBdestop version do you have installed on your laptop?
    X

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Do you have an memory card? If so, going direct by putting the card in your comp is your best bet.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyxdolly View Post
    oh and another problem - possibly a laptop related one - when viewing the pictures folder on my blackberry, not all of the thumbnails show and if i want to view some pictures, i have to do the whole 'select program from list' thing. what's this about :s

Could be you no longer have an associated program for that file type, jpg, png or so. Open your Folder Options (details depend on what system you are using)

hey guys, thanks for the replies, haven't been online in a while so haven't checked the thread until now.
    i don't have the BBdesktop software installed on my laptop as it's brand new and i've misplaced the cd >_< at the moment i've just been clicking on the hardware found bubble and sorting pics and music out from there. big mistake - i clicked 'scan'. a warning to you all.
    i tried a couple of different things, none of them worked, so i guess that yeah my laptop just doesn't support certain image types :S
    in the end, i opened all the pictures that weren't showing properly on the laptop on paint and chose 'save as', saving them in my pictures folder. then i deleted everything off my blackberry to start again
    it sucks. it's a vista thing, i think. haven't had this problem with any other computers etc. gutted thanks for your help though, guys.

another question though, how come my blackberry doesn't save my images as one specific format? i'd prefer it if it JUST saved in jpeg without all this jp0 jp1 nonsense lol

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi Hollyxdolly,

I'd recomend that you install the desktop software on your laptop. I run vista on mine and at times vista has an issue with the mass storage mode with BB's and memory cards that can currupt files. After installing and using the media manager for the bb desktop I've not had any issues with moving media to and from my bb on vista.

Here is a download link incase you need it.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service.../req_4dot3.jsp

Take care

duff007 no está en línea Stack level 1

I also cant view photos...

details.

Red Curve.
    1gb microSD.
    pictures were there yesterday but now I only see one!
    I see all the pre-loaded ones but thats not important.
    I just installed the latest desktop manager.
    I can see all the photos on my PC (not using Vista).
    I tried copying and pasting them back into the phone but still only see one photo. there are about 20 in there.
    any thoughts?

duff007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile work around...

I ended up copying all my data (photos,music,ringtones, etc) that I could see on the BB sd to the PC. I formatted the SD card via the BB. I copied the data back on. All is well. It doesnt explain why it happened though. However I honestly dont know if I actually formatted the microSD via the BB when I put it in. All I know is that it worked. Perhaps that is the reason? maybe I exceeded the file limit or something and it corrupted the file structure?

let this be a reminder to backup your stuff.

later.