Why is it taking so long to get the extended battery and new back for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

What's the hold up?

Advertisement

Why is it taking so long to get the extended battery and new back for the Curve???? My phone is draining itself so fast! LOL! I am dying for the new battery!~

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: What's the hold up?

Just an idea, but I got the desktop dock for my office and I keep my curve on it, so it charges throughout the day. I find with all the extra apps I run (simulsays, jivetalk, viigo, etc) and almost constant work emails (every feels they need to CC me these days) that I get about 9 hours of use. But with the desktop charger I'm now all set for the whole day and evening (I charge it at home overnight too).

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    Just an idea, but I got the desktop dock for my office and I keep my curve on it, so it charges throughout the day. I find with all the extra apps I run (simulsays, jivetalk, viigo, etc) and almost constant work emails (every feels they need to CC me these days) that I get about 9 hours of use. But with the desktop charger I'm now all set for the whole day and evening (I charge it at home overnight too).
    That's a good idea for those who are behind a desk for a good portion of the day. But for those of use who are out in the field all day need a big battery for our mobile office. Lol.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Yep, I am right there with you joe. I am out on the field all day long with my clients and I am using my blackberry ALL the time. Time to go get a travellers pack for this baby Great tips though
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I too am in the field quite a bit... so I just rely on the trusty car charger to keep her juiced up b/w appts or on the way to get some lunch or to the next mtg, whatever...

You'd be amazed how fast the Curve takes in some extra juice to extend itself... really has helped me and now i rarely find myself lower than 40% battery life - ever...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The car chargers and stuff are nice, but i am looking at some real field time (think supercharged camping) and will need real juice!!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i agree with sash on this one ^^
    yes, if you are able to have your phone charge periodically during the day, that's nice...but....

for ex. i had almost a full charge at 3pm on friday afternoon. after running jive, drinking some beer, and becoming very conversational, my battery was drained by 9..in fact, the wireless turned off and said i didn't have enough battery to use the data....that's rediculous.

and i turned my backlight down to 50% and jive was the only other thing running besides the regular stuff.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I don't know about you guys, but my curve's battery life seems to last preety long, I use it all the time, play MP3's, emails, sms, etc..

PIN/ID

mine is rather slow

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Two batteries? My old 8700c battery is the same model and works great as my emergency backup. Just wish the BB would not reboot (even if plugged into a charger) when I swap the battery.

euvi85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats odd my battery lasts forever and I am at work sitting on myspace on it all day. My battery still has 3 bars at the end of the day.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    i agree with sash on this one ^^
    yes, if you are able to have your phone charge periodically during the day, that's nice...but....

for ex. i had almost a full charge at 3pm on friday afternoon. after running jive, drinking some beer, and becoming very conversational, my battery was drained by 9..in fact, the wireless turned off and said i didn't have enough battery to use the data....that's rediculous.

and i turned my backlight down to 50% and jive was the only other thing running besides the regular stuff.
    Yeah... now that stinks. I fully understand what ur looking for here - That would have driven me nuts... esp. after drinking some beers . 6 hours is WAAYYYYYY to short.

I'm on board now - bring on the longer life juice

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Can anyone post a pic of their Curve with an extended battery in it? I'm assuming the new back is to make room for the larger battery, so how much thicker does it make the Curve?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

They don't have an extended batt yet for the curve. Go to the pearl site and they have pics of the pearl there.