Had my Curve almost a year. Still using original battery, but starting yesterday it's losing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

k6rim no está en línea Stack level 1

What's Normal Battery Life for Curve?

Advertisement

Had my Curve almost a year. Still using original battery, but starting yesterday it's losing its (full charge) very quickly - this morning in less than an hour.

Normally, even after leaving the Curve on all day, I still have 80% or more charge.

I'm recharging now to see if it was just a memory problem.

Questions:

1. What is considered "normal" battery life - i.e., length of time before the battery needs to be replaced because it will no longer properly charge?

2. Is the battery covered under the warranty?

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    yes the battery is under warranty,my 8330 last 3days with heavy data use.
    Mike

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d
    Have you recently installed any new software,which may be casing this issue.If you run a messenger type program or whatever then obviously this will be in constant contact with the servers increasing your useage and decreasing your battery life.One hour seems very extreme though
    Home of the Berrygirls
    News chat and Berrygirls Galore

Thanks for your reply!

No, no new software installations or any other changes.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Have you been in bad service areas? Perhaps your BT is on....both of those massively drain the battery
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Have not been in bad service areas and bluetooth is off.

PIN/ID
    Hmmmm....get the Seidio extended (2600) battery!!! It's awesome! Because it's thicker it also makes it easier to hold the phone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

When the battery is acting normally, which it has for almost a year, it retains 80% of its charge after 10 hours of standby - so I perceive no need for an extended battery. My BB use is light; heavy users, of course, will have a different experience.

It looks as if my recharge a few hours ago is holding and that there was a memory issue with the battery which is now corrected.

I'd still like to know what is "normal" battery life for the battery that comes with the Curve, i.e., the length of time before the battery needs to be replaced because it will no longer properly charge.

PIN/ID
    I guess it all depends on how much you use the battery. If you are a light user as you say, then it should last longer than someone using the phone constantly.

Do you leave your phone in the car or in the heat? That may cause the drastic change.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    It is hard to say what is "normal" lifetime for a battery...for the reasons ItsNowOrNever mentioned, as well as because batteries do gradually deteriorate
    of their own, on top of what you might be doing to them.

phantom76 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B17B8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Normal battery life is just what others have been saying it totally depends on what u use ur berry for. Are you perhaps using it more for surfing then you used to as data eats a lot of battery

The issue with my battery was caused by a one-time memory loss due to charging interruption. After recharging, the battery is behaving normally. Based on my normal (light) use, after one day of use, the BB battery still is at 80 to 85%.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use mine often throughout the day. I have a 8320 and I'm a heavy data user, some phone, and txt msg of course.Mine usually last me an entire 8 hours before needing a charge.

As well I got a replacement BB, so I haven't had this one for a month.

Hope this helps.

¤Via: Crackberry Curve 8320¤
    "It's High-End, It's Shiny, It Means Business"
    "Blackberry, Go Get One! "
    •The Cut Life / C.O.T.C.•