hi, I'm on Tmobile U.K and just upgrade to blackberry 8310 last week, when I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

harrisonsu no está en línea Stack level 1

what's the difference between data plan and blackberry internet service??

Advertisement

hi, I'm on Tmobile U.K and just upgrade to blackberry 8310 last week, when I was in the shop, tmobile staff ask me to sign up a blackberry internet service plan, I did not add it, coz I was on unlimited data plan and I thought that should be enought for me, otherwise extra £7.5 per month is not really worth. and when I got back to home, I tried to setup an email account, but there is no option allow me to do so. only 2 options,
    1. use enterprise service ( I guess if I use this, I have to sign up their blackberry internet service plan )
    2.skip email setup

there is no option for "email setup" or "personal email setup", so just wonder ,do I have to sign up their blackberry internet plan ( or called "blackberry instant messge service") to have that option or its no need, just need to call them to solve it??
    i've tried to logon tmobile site and click the "resend service book" button, no luck. pull battery , no luck.

also one more question, on TMobile U.K email setting site, I can login and register my blackberry, but because I did not sign up the blackberry internet service plan, so if I create an blackberry account on the site, will they add blackberry internet service plan to my bill automatically without I agree?? coz I dont really need that just want to setup an personal email account based on my current data plan.

please help. thanks

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi Harrisonu

I may be wrong, but I think without the "blackberry internet service plan" you will not be able to get any email - apart from getting webmail off course. In effect your data plan will give you access to the Internet - but not to any of T-Mobile's email services.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

hi, sinkers

maybe, but apart from using the web browser, I also use other app which still be able to connect to internet, like facebook for blackberry , gmail for blackberry, or third party IM+ app, so I think there should be a way to do so.

when I got the phone, the phone just allow me to use internet via browser ONLY, gmail app or other app not working at all, can not get access to internet for some reason, then I upgrade the rom from 4.2 to 4.5(non tmobile rom,a hongkong verson), then all my other app have access to internet.

so maybe there is some kind of trick to get around with it??

just got an email from t-mobile , they say I can not use email service without blackberry instant message service, but I don't need instant message service, just need a normal pop3&smtp email account setup . so I think they just want me to sign up their new service, not really try to solve my problem.

any idea?? thanks.

mad max no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am on T-mobile uk too and yes you DO have to have blackberry dataplan as well as web'n'walk to have your emails sent to your plackberry via the BIS service. The good news is that you can get web'n'walk 'n' blackberry service for £10 together (so only £2.50 extra on top of wnw.

Alternatively you can point your browser to m.google.com and download the googlemail app which works over w'n'w and gives you limited imap access to your googlemail email account.

Regards

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mad max no está en línea Stack level 1
    By the way - this isn't T-mobile trying to have you over, but RIM's charge for the push email service

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks max, I may just use my gmail app which works fine and use third party app for messengers, a bit shame that I can not receive notification on facebook app which it sends emails to same email account set up on blackberry.

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~all I have to say is that a Blackberry isn't the same without a BIS.