I placed my order for my curve 8310 today with vodafone and it should arrive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

immortalkhalsa no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

Question what to start with?

Advertisement

I placed my order for my curve 8310 today with vodafone and it should arrive later this week, i will start using the webmail function first and then discuss it with my workplace to see if they will hook me up on the BES. (voda said they would send me the BES handset so i can use that if my work give the green light for using the BES, if not i can use the webmail function)

I am a complete newby to this and wanted you guys to tell me what downloads will make the whole BB experience alot more enjoyable from the start.....please do explain the DL/software, what it does and a link would be great.

PS - hope you are enjoying the holiday

many thanks in advance

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: what to start with?

If you are going to be on BES you may be limited by your IT department on what you can download, but in the meantime, you can check out our downloads section, 3rd party forums, and the 8300 forums to read up on your device and get tons of info and free apps. You can also find free themes in the 8300 Themes forums.
    Good idea to update your profile for us so we can better assist you as well.
    Welcome to PinStack!~
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    If you are going to be on BES you may be limited by your IT department on what you can download, but in the meantime, you can check out our downloads section, 3rd party forums, and the 8300 forums to read up on your device and get tons of info and free apps. You can also find free themes in the 8300 Themes forums.
    Good idea to update your profile for us so we can better assist you as well.
    Welcome to PinStack!~

hey thanks for the warm welcome - profile is now partially updated with what i know at the moment.

so being o the BES does have its down sides then hey regarding what my restricitions could be ?

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the stacks. Enjoy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2068EBE2

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Welcome to the stacks. Enjoy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    thanks for the welcome
    i take it you responded directly from your BB...are you able to do that because you have the web browsing package? what do you pay for it?

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Post Re: what to start with?

hey welcome to the stacks!! yeah im not sure if your going to have any restrictions being on BES but if you don't some things that i have downloaded are

Mobile Checkbook ( keep track of your accounts to the penny)
    Berry-A-Code
    Infospace find it
    Opera mini 4
    Grid Magic
    BeamBerry
    Pinstack forums
    yahoo Go!
    gmail mobile
    Empower HTML email viewer

ive tried some other things out but these are the ones that i like the most, you can pm me for details on where i got each one, i cant remember off top pf my head for all of them, rought night lol

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    Welcome to pinstack

Quote Originally Posted by immortalkhalsa View Post
    I placed my order for my curve 8310 today with vodafone and it should arrive later this week, i will start using the webmail function first and then discuss it with my workplace to see if they will hook me up on the BES. (voda said they would send me the BES handset so i can use that if my work give the green light for using the BES, if not i can use the webmail function)

I am a complete newby to this and wanted you guys to tell me what downloads will make the whole BB experience alot more enjoyable from the start.....please do explain the DL/software, what it does and a link would be great.

PS - hope you are enjoying the holiday

many thanks in advance